Drivin' the Cuda to Florida !

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
I've decided to fly one way up to the garage in Central NY and drive the 67 Cuda back to Florida. Gonna be a REAL HOOOT!

Have to install a new master cylinder (havin' a hard time finding the right one) and get her generally road ready for a long haul. :help:

WHILE I'M THERE, I'll be liquidating all of my remaining B-Body Steel Parts (new)........sale starts on the 18th and goes through the 24th or so...CASH and CARRY only.....you can search for my sale thread in the parts section for list and prices.

My power steering pump leaks constantly......I've tried sealers to no avail....the seal is just plain shot......I'm a little worried about driving it like that, but really don't want to mess with it before I drive down.

Guess I'll take 81 to 75 and just cruise........Hope it still gets 22 MPG on a trip..........(I think I'll be packin' another electric fuel pump too......those things are miserable' undependable.........) :burnout:

I've decided to fly one way up to the garage in Central NY and drive the 67 Cuda back to Florida. Gonna be a REAL HOOOT!

Have to install a new master cylinder (havin' a hard time finding the right one) and get her generally road ready for a long haul. :help:

WHILE I'M THERE, I'll be liquidating all of my remaining B-Body Steel Parts (new)........sale starts on the 18th and goes through the 24th or so...CASH and CARRY only.....you can search for my sale thread in the parts section for list and prices.

My power steering pump leaks constantly......I've tried sealers to no avail....the seal is just plain shot......I'm a little worried about driving it like that, but really don't want to mess with it before I drive down.

Guess I'll take 81 to 75 and just cruise........Hope it still gets 22 MPG on a trip..........(I think I'll be packin' another electric fuel pump too......those things are miserable' undependable.........) :burnout:

Have fun!!! enjoy.......

When I moved from Mass to North Carolina I remembered to leave the mechanical fuel pump attached to the engine and block off the lines, and I was running an electric pump and sure enough I was on the N.J. Turnpike and the damn electric pump quit. Easy solution to get to the side of the highway and disconnect the electric pump and reconnect the mechanical pump. I never went back to an electric pump nor do I ever think I will. Have a safe trip. Hope all goes well for you. Watch your speed in North Carolina, the Highway Patrol can be brutal down here.

Hey, if your return trip is taking you anywhere near Elmira down route 86 to PA15 and further south on to US17 to 95 (the truckers' route) give me a shout and stop by!

i drove my fairlane from los angeles to phoenix when i bought it. every gas stop turned into half an hour or so talking to people about the car, give yourself some extra time :cheers:

Bring your camera and have fun! I'd rebuild or replace that pump before you leave but you can always wrap it in a diaper, lol.

Guess I'll take 81 to 75 and just cruise........

I'm right off 81 in VA (about 20 miles south of Winchester). If you find you need some help, stop to rest, or ???, I'm usually around most days (except Sat and Tue - work part-time those days).

Be safe and have a good trip. I'm in central PA along Rt 11 if you have any problems or need assistance give a holler. Pm if you want a phone number just in case.

Dave

Be safe and have a good trip. I'm in central PA along Rt 11 if you have any problems or need assistance give a holler. Pm if you want a phone number just in case.

Dave

Ditto, If you have any issues while in N.C. I am located about 15 miles off I 40/I95 Jct. in Clayton. P.M. if you need my telephone # I will come to you if you need anything. Nice to know that there are so many people out here who are willing to help out and offer their homes if needed.

Ditto, If you have any issues while in N.C. I am located about 15 miles off I 40/I95 Jct. in Clayton. P.M. if you need my telephone # I will come to you if you need anything. Nice to know that there are so many people out here who are willing to hekp out and offer their homes if needed.
this is just one of the things that make this site as great as it is....

My power steering was leaking for along time, also. I know you said you have tried stop leaks, to no avail, have you tried "Lucas". You have to run pure Lucas but it did stop my leak. It took a couple of refills but it did work. Have a good ride and be safe.

Yeah,let's see that ride.A 67 cuda,hah,should be no problem,lol.Drove mine 400 miles back after I bought it,smooth as silk.Had to replace the master cylinder as well.Good luck on your trip and if your swinging by central Canada gimme a call.:toothy10::toothy10:

I am right on I-75 in middle GA (just below Macon). Stop by for a break, a bite, or whatever...
C

This site IS great ya' know.........and you'se guys make it that way!

I'll post some pics with her loaded up and if I see some good stuff on the way.

You mentioned the mechanical pump......it's funny, but I tried 3 new mech pumps in the car before I went electric........The car would run OK for about 2 miles, then at almost the exact point each time, the car would die. I'd have to let it sit for quite a while before it would start again. That was with a newly rebuilt carb and a full tune. I thought it was vapor locking, but nothing worked. When I added the Holley pump, it never quit again......until the pump puked.......after about 250 miles.........obviously a well built pump. (%$#@)

Have a great trip Tom :cheers: Enjoy the road and your Barracuda.
Some great weather all week here in the mid south, so enjoy.
Everything will be fine pastortom1.:-D:-D:-D

Yeah, I'm a little worried about a freak storm up there......you never know about central NY..........

The Cuda is a rust free California survivor.........The only salt I EVER want it to be exposed to is what falls from my Kettle-Cooked Salt & Vinegar chips as I cruise on down da' road..........[-X

-
Back