Driving distance to North Alabama? There is a 1st Annual Mopar Race set for Oct 19

-

AustinGriggs

Reaction score
This is a start up event... #MoparVsBrandXstreetcarShowdown. Its for 1999 and older vehicles, 3 classes to set up the races from mild to wild. No eliminations, we will race all day and rank the field similar to that of College Sports where you will climb and fall as you win/lose respectively. We will have a 40mile cruise through the forest leaving from and returning back to the track before racing begins. I want everyone here a FABO to get the message, as there will be many A-bodies in attendance and should offer some great entertainment! I'll be in a '69 Super Bee all day and there is a laundry list of B-bodies committed to the trip. All in all there will be pretty much every body style and drive-train imaginable present just based on the RSVPs I have received from 225ci/6s to 496ci strokers in a Duster and another in a Challenger. I hope you can come help make this a success with us and ensure we can reserve Jakes Dragstrip in Danville AL year after year for this event! Information @ Austin’s Muscle Car Clinic
TECH CARD with Rules below... Arrive at the Track by 10am no later than 10:45 to go on Cruise.

Tech Card oct 19.jpg

Super Bee at Jakes.JPG

Isn't this event also Ratty Muscle cars? Or are fancy cars invited also? My car gets offended when fancy cars show up :)

Here are some more pictures from the get togethers of the past. These pics where taken by Bryan Taggart from Bangshift.com

dart vs nova.jpg

dylan vs orange RR.jpg

duster and super bee in lanes.jpg

jakes is the place to race 1.jpg

NSSL at sunoco 2.jpg

ruststang.jpg

NSSL at sunoco.jpg

RMC-NSSL-Aug-2017_99.jpg

super bee vs duster.jpg

rattilite vs beast volare.jpg

Man I would love to come to your event but its 873 miles one way and I have to lead worship at church the next day. Y'all gonna post up photos and some videos?

Looks like a very cool track and event. Wish I could make it! My daughter's at UA Tuscaloosa. May have to check the track out next time we run down there to visit her. Roll Tide

Pat

I'll be there in the 71 Dart. Anybody else planning to go?
I would REALLY like to go! I’m gonna be gone next weekend but I’ll have to see if I can get a bad wheel bearing replaced (again) and maybe see if I can get my car tuned better for better mpg and see about heading down. I’d be coming down through Nashville so if I come, maybe we could meet up and cruise down together.

I would REALLY like to go! I’m gonna be gone next weekend but I’ll have to see if I can get a bad wheel bearing replaced (again) and maybe see if I can get my car tuned better for better mpg and see about heading down. I’d be coming down through Nashville so if I come, maybe we could meet up and cruise down together.
Keep me posted. There will be 4 maybe 5 mopars from the Nashville area headed down on Saturday morning. You are more than welcome to join the convoy. PM me if you decide to go and I'll send you my cell phone number.

-
Back