Driving my son's Hellcat

-
2 months ago Jake bought a 2016 Hellcat Challenger. We call it the purple kitten. I drove it the 2 hours home. Played with it just a little. GOBS of power!
Well the stupid PA dealer, where PA does not have a front tag, ran 2 screws into the bumper for their advertising tag. Pics of the car in the sale ad had no holes. Anyway, he's away for wrk this week so I dropped it off at a local body shop to have the bumper corrected. Drove it like his grandmother would and even at that, it is amazing how little go pedal you need to give it to cruise thru town at noon.
Before and after the dealer screwed the bumper. They are actually doing an investigation about who there screwed the tag on and talking about reimbursement of the body shop fees.

Damn this thing is sweet.....

View attachment 1715714191

View attachment 1715714192
When i moved to Texas they had front plates too-even this dumbass redneck ZIPtied that plate to the front of the exwife’s car to avoid SCREWING the Front Facia out of good looks!!!!!! I feel for ya!

Back in the day, I worked at a alfa Romeo dealer and they had some gorgeous cars, but also not designed for a front plate

So often times we would have stickers made up by a local shop that looked like the license plate, but just a little smaller, and at least it would follow the contours of the bumper

gtv.jpg

ALFA-ROMEO_Giulia-GTA-2020_main.jpg

1330c96f0190c76da0b3853f956a6a23.jpg

I drive and work on all kinds of modern cars daily, from a honda fit all the way to 700hp modem muscle and performance bentleys and rolls. But at the end of the day, if I want to go for an enjoyable drive and have fun, I get into my rusted out 72 scamp with maybe a whole 75 slant six hp.

-
Back