Drove an SRT8 Challenger today

-

HEMIRAM

Reaction score
It was a Plum Crazy with a sunroof and 6 speed. It was a nice ride I love the look , sound , and feel. The 6.1 hemi is ok but not near what I expected , I guess the best explanation is it's fun fast while the Shelby is scary fast. Why is it that anyone under 30 years old thinks you are gay if you like purple? I think the Duster and Shelby are going to have a new friend soon.

Sounds like a cool car. I really like my R/T, it's quick. I can understand your feeling on the car though, it's a very wide car that drives solid but it's bulky. The Mustang would be a totally different feel and that's why I'm waiting to drive the 'new' 5.0's when they come out.
As for purple, most people around here don't say a word about our purple Daytona except that they think it's cool (maybe I just don't look gay). I wasn't really a big fan of it from the pictures but I just love that car now, the color really pops in person. My wife drives it most of the time anyway, it's really her car.

I love the plum crazy but both of my son in laws think you have to be gay to like it , I think it seems a little insecure myself. The new Mustang 5.0 will be a big hit , but I already have two stangs and I want something different , as of now a camaro is out. I have always been a mopar guy but when they went all FWD in the 80,s I went to the Mustang.

Brought it home last night , sorry crappy pictures.

MVC-004S.JPG

MVC-001S.JPG

i've never driven the new Challey's, but I've researched both the srt8 and the ss camaro. The Camaro is a lighter car with the same HP and less $ than the Challenger, but it sure doesn't look as good. the local Dodge dealer wouldn't even let me look in the car, so screw them. they can keep it.

BTW, I'm a 25 year old not gay man, and love purple, so rock on :supz:

im 20 and i like purple and pink and yellow and all that and like neons too, and im engaged to the best girl ever

i mean neon colors not the cars. like neon purple and neon pink and neon yellow and the regular pink purple and yellows too but ya know.

and if you were just being a smart ***.....touche

The next special run is furious fucia originaly panther pink and then sublime. Maybe if Chrysler would have kept their imagination instead of trying to be just another boring car company they wouldn't have gotten into so much trouble.

Brought it home last night , sorry crappy pictures.
Must be nice to plunk down 50+large, I guess I`ll just keep driving my 43 year old clunker, that would smoke you and fume you for 1000 feet, then as you blow by in luxerious leather and comfort, ac blowing, looking in your rearview laughing at me crying, cause damn I want one. :crybaby: Nice ride fella:-D

Nice new ride! There were a couple of new Plum Crazy Challenger R/T's at Mopars At The Strip in Las Vegas last weekend. The one I really liked had white R/T side stripes. The white stripes really 'pop' against the darker new Plum Crazy purple.

I was leaning toward B5 blue but wife wanted the Plum , not that big of a deal to me I like it just as much. They really wanted to deal they knocked 4 grand off sticker 1.9% for 60 months and 2k in mopar accessories. The window sticker says it should have a carbon fiber hood stripe but I think quality control missed that. I figure you only live once and the G-Men are going to get it all when I die so I,m enjoying it now.

The next special run is furious fucia originaly panther pink and then sublime. Maybe if Chrysler would have kept their imagination instead of trying to be just another boring car company they wouldn't have gotten into so much trouble.

Nice!! Congrats on the PCP SRT-8!!! I like it sans stripes as well (but I'm biased).

I have had my Hemi Orange SRT-8 6-speed (I ordered mine stripe delete) for over a year and it still makes me smile. Here's a pic taken immediately after we unloaded it from the enclosed trailer in front of my house. You're right though, the 6.1 isn't nearly enough motor for 4200 pounds of car. The way I have described it to others is a complete absence of drama when rowing through the gears. But my Barracuda doesn't have Sirius radio either. :-D

I was hoping that I could talk the dealership into sliding a 6.4 into a Furious Fuscia for me since they will (in theory) be available about the same time, but no dice. That said, I'm patiently waiitng for Sublime or Sassy Grass in a 6.4 manual...............

Cheers!

Tryingtosmile-small.jpg

thats cool hemiram! when ya gonna start working on it? ...blower....axle shafts...shift kit...

-
Back