Drove the new 2013 dart to day

-

panthro72

Reaction score
Wow nice car it was the red version with cloth seat and ralleye trim package. Nice power and even when tearing around i was pulling 32 mpg.
Seat storage bins cool the glove box also is large enough to hold a hold laptop.
No road noise at 75mph on insterstate and easily hit 130mph wiht room to go more. a steal at 20K

I was wondering if anyone on this site has driven one yet. The wife likes it and she will soon be looking for a new car.

I want to see if they will make an SRT version.

I want to see if they will make an SRT version.

Rumor has it they are working on getting a 300 HP Turbo version to market before too long. Should be very competetive to the bazillion XRS/STI's and Evo's that crowd the roads.

Pat

that would be neat! an SRT dart. i think id be down for one..they should make it all wheel drive.

i drove one too...the allpar.com site is the best source of reliable info in my opinion.
it was a very nice car but the only deal is that there are ZERO incentives and there won't be for a while obviously being a new car. it drove nice and was literally silent. didn't feel cramped at all, and the little 1.4 turbo pulled respectable...not amazing but respectable...long story short my fiancee (primary driver) has no idea how to drive stick and i wasn't about to order a 2 litre engine with an auto considering it only gets 36 hwy MPG in that configuration.

we walked out with a 200S that runs 14.2 quarter miles and has given us 37-39 MPG hwy with the pentastar that i got for a thousand less than a new dart. they have 3500+ incentives on these cars and they're NICE!...believe me if anyone told me 5 years ago they'd reskin a sebring, drop in a 290 horse v6 and i'd fall in love with it..i'd call them an idiot...but wow do i love this thing

didn't mean to hijack the new dart thread...again check out allpar.com for new dart info...the 1.4 is only avail in a stick...and you have to downgrade to a 2.0 (old caliber/patriot engine) to get an auto..and that auto is HYUNDAI manufactured.....PASS!
the 1.4 will get a dual clutch 6 speed (auto in the eyes of the consumer) in a month or so...an SRT variant with AWD is also in the makes. pretty cool stuff!

U know those speedo are now all electric not cable driven, so just cause the speedo needle keeps moving, doesn't mean for sure the speed is picking up. I highly doubt it came close to 130 mph...I'm sure the speedo went there thou

I noticed that long ago, here i'm watching the road doing in CROWN VIC around 100 mph and I seen the speedo needle still increasing yet the car sure didn't seem to be picking up anymore speed., I lift up my right foot and needle stops moving up, I punch it and felt no real increase in speed yet the speedo steady kept going up.

It trys to fool U and does a good job of it

that would be neat! an SRT dart. i think id be down for one..they should make it all wheel drive.

The hell you say. I wouldn't touch an all wheel drive car with a 10 foot pole. Of all the vehicles we see in the shop. they are by far the worst to repair. Parts are $$$$$ and they are super easy to tear up. Not me brother.

The hell you say. I wouldn't touch an all wheel drive car with a 10 foot pole. Of all the vehicles we see in the shop. they are by far the worst to repair. Parts are $$$$$ and they are super easy to tear up. Not me brother.

The brake job on my brother-in-law's EVO was $1300. THAT'S ALL I NEEDED TO KNOW.

The 2.0 is NOT the same engine as Caliber/Patriot/Compass. It only shares the block; every other component is new for the TigerShark. They even swapped the exhaust to the opposite side of the engine.

The Hyundai sourced 6 speed auto is just a stopgap till the ZF 9 speed is available. That should blow the top off the mileage chart.

Well I hate to say it but I bought a 2007 Caliber R/T with AWD and although I like it it likes to eat front end parts like tie rod ends (replaced 3) and lower controll arm/ball joint (now replacing along with the LF inner tie rod). Also this thing REALLY eats tires. I'm on my 4th set and the car only has 59,000 on it. They are cupping and when I call Dodge on it they said the tires were bad, when I talked to Firestone they said the car was to blame. I've had 3 different manufacturers tires on the car with the same results ARGHHHH. Anyway that's my thoughts on AWD.

The speed was gps speed so actual speed the naviagation that comes standard has gps speed as does my iphone gps so... and the 6 speed is so flawless that why piss around with a auto IMO even my wife said why the hell i want a auto i am not a little old grandma. :violent1:

Anyway that's my thoughts on AWD.
my thoughts on AWD are that walking away from big block Firebirds with spinning tires that are trying to race me is awesome lol. Oh, so is pulling away from Hummers during blizzards while the drivers are laughing at the sportscar in the snow.

oh, and that it's going to cost me a lot when I finally get my clutch done:eek:ops:

my thoughts on AWD are that walking away from big block Firebirds with spinning tires that are trying to race me is awesome lol. Oh, so is pulling away from Hummers during blizzards while the drivers are laughing at the sportscar in the snow.

oh, and that it's going to cost me a lot when I finally get my clutch done:eek:ops:

Don't get me wrong I like my Caliber. I've never had anything go like it in the snow, not even my Grand Cherokee. It just seems that the tire cupping issues are associated with the AWD. My brother-in-law has the same car, same year, but without AWD and he's only had 2 sets of tires in 100,000 miles.

-
Back