drum to disk kit

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
hi, im looking for a complete kit< was trying to mix / match bits>but stuff so scarce here in uk and you never 100% itll be compatable , car a 67 barracuda on drums,ive gone b/b so need sll the stopping power:stop: is there a complete kit available with bigger spindles that will allow 4.5" wheels as want to change up from 4.00.basically want to know all bits there in kit and not waiting for othere bits as here in uk gotta wait as is!cheers for your input:cheers:

I would have to suggest putting an ad on FABO for a Disc Brake setup from a 73-75 A body. You will need the following used parts: Upper Control Arms, Spindles, Caliper Mounts with Bolts, Calipers, Splash Shields, and Proportioning Valve.
I would also buy the following new parts; Upper and Lower Ball Joints, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Brake Pads, and Brake Soft Lines.

I know it seems like a lot but you will end up with much better Brakes AND a mostly rebuilt Front End with BBP Hubs.

Check out my thread for this conversion here:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=90216

Hope this helped you,
Later,
Bruce B.

Master Power or The Right Stuff are probably the best places because they use reproduction parts. Most of the other vendors use custom stuff which is difficult to replace.

:cheers:
I would have to suggest putting an ad on FABO for a Disc Brake setup from a 73-75 A body. You will need the following used parts: Upper Control Arms, Spindles, Caliper Mounts with Bolts, Calipers, Splash Shields, and Proportioning Valve.
I would also buy the following new parts; Upper and Lower Ball Joints, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Brake Pads, and Brake Soft Lines.

I know it seems like a lot but you will end up with much better Brakes AND a mostly rebuilt Front End with BBP Hubs.

Check out my thread for this conversion here:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=90216

Hope this helped you,
,many thanks for help, ive managed so source compleate settup from 73 dart! so it it right, all i need off dart are spindles,disks, splash guards calipers/brackets and upper control arm? and can use my existing lower ball joints and lower control arms? be a lot less stripping down! thankyou again, nathan.
Bruce B.

I would have to say... It depends on miles/kilometers that are on your front end. It sucks if you have to take it apart twice in my opinion. There has been some issue with the SBP Lower Ball Joint not fittining the Spindle without minor modification? I do not know the specifics on this issue as I always replace the LBJ. ANYBODY heard of this? Also, this is really just the best time to replace your LBJ, Lower Control arm Bushing, and the Strut Rod Bushings.

Best of luck to you!
Later,
Bruce B.

hi, my existing lbj have around 100 miles on them as replaced for last mot, not penny pinching but be handy if they will work instead of dart ones, also handy if use my barracuda lower control arm, i recently fitted 1.18" torsion bars and am awaiting a helwig sway bar. its all coming together nicley, plus im getting some torque thrust rims this week=P~ thankyou for the advice!

:stop: many thanks for the input, im giing to strip what i have and sort out before i fit, nothing worse than taking all back off:munky2: who does a caliper piston and seal kit for the dart please?

-
Back