Drying out a 5.7 hemi?

-

Rob

Reaction score
I doubt any of you have had this experience but thought I'd ask anyway. A guy drove his 2007 Chrysler 300 through some rather deep puddles, (like a foot deep) the last one washed right over the engine and killed it (likely literally) Pulled the plugs and dropped the oil pan (about a gallon of water came out of there) rotated it a few times to get water out and left it to dry for a bit. What are the odds of bringing this back to life without a complete teardown? Not even sure if it died in time before atempting to compress water in the cylinder and blowing out a valve or whatever wanted to fail first.

I work at a Chryco dealer, we had a rash of of guys taking their Hemi powered rigs swimming a couple summers ago. None survived. As you know, water she no compress.

Looks like she's dead, can't turn it over at all, completely seized. Don't know what the guy was thinking, Hemis don't swim :eek:ops:

Sounds like more happend than just going through a puddle.

[ame="http://youtu.be/v0B1KgPZn0A"]Its a Shame..[/ame]

Sounds like more happend than just going through a puddle.

Like I said earlier it was about a foot deep and apparently there was 5 of them in a row, more like a washed out road I gather. I didn't do the tow, my son did.

-
Back