DS window removal 1969 Valiant

-
that is not even close to how to remove the glass, your picture only shows the regulator attachment to the door glass, search my vdarts ragtop thread, i have a couple of links on door glass removal.

your window felts will have to come out & get replaced.
vent window& door glass come out as 1 unit.

If I were you I would tape the top side of your door & polish the glass in place.
No one sees the regulator/guts that move the glass up or down, Lawrence

When I took the glass out of my Dart Sedan I had to push out that plastic thing with the wings that goes through the glass. I just squeezed the tabs in with pliers.

That plastic rivet is subject to breaking. Aftermarket offers a replacement ( RT Specialties I think ). I use a piece of neoprine fuel hose and a 1/4 X 1 inch bolt with nyloc nut.
The glass sits in a steel sadle ( shown ). That sadle should have a gasket material linning between glass and steel. Seeing the entire linning is gone suggests that glass has been out before.
Glass removal for post and no post models is a little different. A factory service manual will be a great help.

The plastic pin has to be removed first. It's what spreads the clips out to lock it into the glass. Lube it up real good before you try it or it will break for sure. Even lubed, it's a 50/50 chance. When I pull a door glass, I pull it with the lower track still attached and remove it on the bench later if need be.

-
Back