dual air cleaner

-

mikess68

Reaction score
team, would the air from the 2 scoop hood of a dart swinger be ram enough to get a benefit of a hose to a dual snorkel air cleaner. in other words is the air preasure positive or neg at the scoop intakes?? anyone got any guesses? ?

WOW, i doubt if I could stump the bunch around here. but maybe I did not explain it too well. i'll try again

I have 2 scoops on the hood of my swinger. If i ran a hose from them to a dual snorkel air cleaner would i get any boost or would they be fighting a negative air flow. I know it depends on the aerodynamics of the car, such as hight preasure next to the wiper blades makes cowl induction work good. but the scoops look large enought to "catch" the air flow and make a positive flow. I guess at the very least freash cool air.

thought Id finish the job the factory did not. In my mind i can see a buick gs with ram air hood, i know it worked, and think i might do the same. ? any way, any thoughts??

You don't see a power increase from ram air effect until close to 200mph. The engine will be pulling in cooler air and you'll see a power increase from that.

Everything I have read the factory left them like that so you could finish the job if you wanted. I have seen people do it using the B body parts, that being said IDK that you will see much benefit for the amount of time/effort/money.

If you want to ram air into your car, get a turbo. Otherwise ducting in outside air will benefit you. But from cooler air as mentioned above.

team, would the air from the 2 scoop hood of a dart swinger be ram enough to get a benefit of a hose to a dual snorkel air cleaner. in other words is the air preasure positive or neg at the scoop intakes?? anyone got any guesses? ?
if you do it i'd like to see what you or guys have used and pics
always wondered myself how do it right and pull fresh air in.

thanks guys, soon as i figure out how to keep the rain from choking it out if caught out i might try it. for now, guess ill stick to what i got. tks all!. good info

I dont think you will get enough air moving threw those scoops to see and power gain. The real benefit with them is they let the hot air out from under the hood.

-
Back