Dual Carb Slant Questions.

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Since nobody has recently written a book on how-to's on running dual carbs on a slant maybe somebody here has pics or info I could use on my attempt at running this manifold setup I have. I have mocked up the carbs on the manifold and am now running PCV hose, Vac advance hose, linkage and kickdown. Its one thing at a time so I am starting with PCV. Since there are two carbs do I need to run hose to both carbs with a splitter? Ditto on the vac advance! I will be using the linkage provided and making mods to accept later cable linkage. I, for the most part got this one. I am a little baffled on how to setup some sort of kickdown linkage. Lokar perhaps?? Anyhow, as this progress continues I will be using tubing and trying to setup fittings for PCV and Vac advance as I want a clean setup and I have some great ideas that I have been working on. I would be grateful for any help and perhaps some pics to look over. Thanks in advance for any help!!
Chas.

Since nobody has recently written a book on how-to's on running dual carbs on a slant maybe somebody here has pics or info I could use on my attempt at running this manifold setup I have. I have mocked up the carbs on the manifold and am now running PCV hose, Vac advance hose, linkage and kickdown. Its one thing at a time so I am starting with PCV. Since there are two carbs do I need to run hose to both carbs with a splitter? Ditto on the vac advance! I will be using the linkage provided and making mods to accept later cable linkage. I, for the most part got this one. I am a little baffled on how to setup some sort of kickdown linkage. Lokar perhaps?? Anyhow, as this progress continues I will be using tubing and trying to setup fittings for PCV and Vac advance as I want a clean setup and I have some great ideas that I have been working on. I would be grateful for any help and perhaps some pics to look over. Thanks in advance for any help!!
Chas.

I have the same setup I'm putting on my 61 lancer wagon. You should be using only 1 port for the vacume advance. I'm not running a PCV, just two oil breathers.

You would only need the vac advance hookup on one carb -- it is just looking for a source of vacuum, so either one will do. Plug the other port. With the PCV, I think there might be a balance issue -- at least, my little British car with dual carbs has it plumbed to the manifold log, not to either carb directly. I think a splitter would work OK -- I have seen that on other makes.

If we are talking about the Offy twin carb manifold, there is a tapped hole in the crossover for the PCV line. You'll need a barbed fitting to screw into the hole. Distributor vacuum can be sourced from one carb....

Thanks for the responses. I will have to look for that spot on the manifold 'grump'. That would eliminate having to use either carb afor pcv and would clean up the install a bit making it look much cleaner. Its still got a long way to go before the setup is installed. I had an option of buying a pair of matched carbs from SlantSixDan but had to pass on them (he most likely still has them if somebody else wants them) due to mounting legal fees and lack of money so I will just have to use what I have on this setup This means lots of thrashing on the 1920s I have. I am going to take them apart, clean and soak them, use the dremel and polish down everything I can, get wstiff wires that fi passages and make sure there is no clogs or buildup, paint them up with some of that carb paint and put rebuild kits on them and hope for the best. Since I want a clean setup can this manifold be powdercoated or alumacoated or even painted with some real high temp paint and would it last? Same question goes for the hedders? I have seen slants with nice setups on them and some had really rusty hedders and crappy looking intakes and my setup is going to be a clean one as the car does more show than go these days and I want this all to 'POP' when the hood is open as I think this setup looks very cool and its gotta walk the walk and talk the talk.
Chas.

-
Back