[WANTED] Dual cross over intake

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also keep in mind that there are two different lengths for them. The long ram manifolds were tuned for peak torque at 2500 rpm and the short rams had peak torque at 3500 rpm.

Figure out which ones you need before buying them and don't get too agressive with the cam, or they won't run as strong with the wrong (oversize) cam.

Also keep in mind that there are two different lengths for them. The long ram manifolds were tuned for peak torque at 2500 rpm and the short rams had peak torque at 3500 rpm.

Figure out which ones you need before buying them and don't get too agressive with the cam, or they won't run as strong with the wrong (oversize) cam.

The "short rams" are extremely rare...I think only something like 11 sets of those were cast. They look exactly like the long rams, but the dividers between the individual ports are much shorter. They were intended for Land Speed type racing, and never installed on a production car.

the ones on ebay are short runner and the ones Keith has are long runner. if you look at the runners you can see the divider cast in. it only goes up halfway on the ones on ebay, on Keiths the divider goes all the way up the runner. I have seen several short cross ram intakes, not sure how rare they are. while im sure Chrysler made some for land speed racing, i do believe they also put short ram intakes into production cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back