dual electric fan mounting question ?

-
LOL, I was going to say you'd barely keep a slant 6 cool on a 40F day with a pair of 400cfm fans.

A pair of 2400cfm fans and not cooling? Definitely was some air flow issues there. Or was one pushing and the other pulling? :p LOL

Nope I made sure they were both pulling. No problems now though.... :burnout:

well I work on it most the day and this is what I ended up with. I would have liked to have given it more taper and that does make sense but again like some of posted there's not all that much room to do that. Plus I consider myself a decent amateur fabricator, but I don't have that large of a arsenal to make really custom things. I.e. I do what I can with what I have.I've seen some of these with flaps in the areas that allow air to cut through when in motion and close to let the air go through the fans when at a stop. I'll go there if I have to. I wish I knew what the CFM was, but they're both 12 inch fans and seem to draw very well. again I was told by the member that I got them from they came off of a 440 Motorhome. Well here we go a picture is worth a thousand words tell me what you think?View attachment 20150210_172858.jpg

View attachment 20150211_122508.jpg

View attachment 20150211_152210.jpg

View attachment 20150211_152220.jpg

View attachment 20150211_161821.jpg

Might want to try and seal off the gap between the fans and the plate so it doesn't suck air from between them instead of forcing it all to come through the radiator.

Looks good, and might even keep that stroker cool in Oregon.

that outer ring is part of the fan blades themselves I'm not quite sure how I would get those sealed to the plate? maybe a little mini shroud hugging close to it? I'm definitely going to run a bead of black RTV caulking around the outer edges where it goes up against the radiator and in the corners.

This is my set up. 1860 cfm each. Fans have rubber weather stripping sealing them to core. Air holes allow air to pass thru at freeway speeds. Never seem north of 180*.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 144
oh yeah when I got the fans they were working fine from the member and when I went to fire them up only one was working. I ended up dissecting it thinking I had nothing to lose anyways and found the pickups were a little sticky and the inside needed cleaning. I felt a lot like Edd on wheeler dealer, I was pretty proud of myself. well, on top of fabricating all this from scrap metal in my garage.

This is my set up. 1860 cfm each. Fans have rubber weather stripping sealing them to core. Air holes allow air to pass thru at freeway speeds. Never seem north of 180*.

so I was thinking of something like that with one way flaps over the holes to let hair go through at freeway speed, but creating a suction when the car stopped.

Ive done what Jpar is wanting to do with the fans and I ended up having over heating issues. My set up had twin 10" fans that Perma-Cool claims moved 400 sum cfm each. The shroud was not allowing enough air flow thru the radiator at speed. It was way to restrictive. I could had cut more holes in the shroud but just opted to go back to the stock fan with a shroud. I just dont want to see anyone else run into this problem, my thread is below with pics of the setup I had.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=277443

Thnx for posting the link SLSpeed,,

When I saw j par's first pic,, and how it closely resembled yours,, but I couldn't find the link..

cheers

so I was thinking of something like that with one way flaps over the holes to let hair go through at freeway speed, but creating a suction when the car stopped.

That may be worth trying.

Yep, that was what my next step was to do with mine. I think its a very good idea to do.

hey I couldn't find the thread for a few minutes! the thing is when I put things in small block discussion I get a lot more input and answers cuz there's a lot more people looking at it. When I put something in heating and cooling its like you get one answer 3 days later, but no biggie

I owned a 1974 Monte Carlo. 400 SBC. The hood had to be nearly 6 feet long. Great cruiser. Even had the swivel bucket seats. Decent top end. No problem touching 140. No drag car of course, but it did step up and go once rolling.

I owned a 1974 Monte Carlo. 400 SBC. The hood had to be nearly 6 feet long. Great cruiser. Even had the swivel bucket seats. Decent top end. No problem touching 140. No drag car of course, but it did step up and go once rolling.

aaaaaaaaa? I'm not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China? But you may want to take a left turn at Kmart?!:???:

aaaaaaaaa? I'm not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China? But you may want to take a left turn at Kmart?!:???:

He was referencing the post with the picture of the fan shroud on that monte carlo.

-
Back