dual point distrubutor ??

-

titanium

Reaction score
I have a dual pt. dist. that came off of a 273 Hi Po motor that I'm going to be selling.The numbers on it are 2642461 1 BS 4013 AS 415.Can't find any thing to tell me this is a correct dist. for a Hi Po 273(if there is even a difference from 2 bbl. to 4 bbl.) engine.Thanks in advance

273 2bbl engines didn't come with dual point distributors. So without being able to look up part #s, your distributor is either from a 273 4bbl or a 340.

I've got one but I just went out to my shop to find it & check numbers & had no luck. It figures, I was tripping over it for months so I guess I put it somewhere "safe". As far as I know, the 273 Hi Po motor & some 340's were the only small blocks that got the dual point. I know mine has a steel body instead of the aluminum I'm used to seeing Mopar distributors made of. Also seem to recall mine had a Prestolite tag on it. It uses a different cap (& maybe rotor) than other Mopar distributors. The vacuum advance unit had a hose nipple that would unscrew so that you could remove the spring. If I can find mine, I'll check it for a number.

Thanks for the fast replies!!I was going to put together a 273 4 bbl. motor but I have decided to maybe do a 340/360 instead so what would this be worth?Just trying to sell it for a fair price.
Thanks Ty

The dual point distributer were made by Prestolite. They have a cast iron body, painted black, and a oil cup. The tune up parts for them are sold on ebay from time to time.
I've got the dual point unit and all those new parts for it on a shelf. Doubt I'll ever run it. Later model elegtronic ignition performs better. I think the Petronics conversion kit will mount in the Prestolite distributer. Good luck

The numbers you have given translate into a 273-4 distributor for a 1966 model engine. Both manual and auto trans. Hope this helps.

-
Back