Dual Quad Inline Linkage - Homemade

-

matthon

Reaction score
I've received a number of questions on where I got my inline linkage, so here goes.

I was unable to locate an aftermarket dual quad inline throttle linkage, except for one that was T shaped, causing it to bend and even bend the carb bracket, or a progressive linkage, which wouldn't work for me.

With a little help from fabo, I came up with this setup.

LNG-32707 - I ordered 2, installed the threaded side on the inside
LOK-TCB40FIT
LOC-XTC-1000HT
QA1-CFR4 - I ordered 3
QA1-JNR4S - I ordered 2

That covers everything except:
The correct size rod for between the throttle bodies, which I threaded on both ends. Did not want to use threaded rod.

2 bolts with wide heads, like a built-in washer, forget what they're called, that thread into LNG-32707, one longer than the other.

Then I modified the new throttle cable to accept the joint, iirc, didn't take much more than screwing off what was there.

Bracket could be made, and I may have trimmed the two bolts to size.

20200726_170436.jpg

20200726_170430.jpg

20200726_170422.jpg

Screenshot_20200727-024849.jpg

Nice! What store did you order out of?

Doh! Thought I put that in there, Summit.

That bracket was more than the cable and everything else combined.
They didn't have a good pic at the time, iirc it was a new product. Not worth the $ unless you have an auto, kickdown stuff included, and are lazy like me.

Cool, thanks, a question for you....
That covers everything except:
The correct size rod for between the throttle bodies, which I threaded on both ends. Did not want to use threaded rod.
The rod, where did you get it?
Aluminum?

I can't recall, I think it was a leftover piece from a swingset, I don't think I bought it.

It's going to bother me not knowing if it's aluminum or not, cause I was thinking the same thing and couldn't recall, so I'll probably go stick a magnet on it.

That sucker is metal.

Here's another tip, as there were 2 or 3 of those rods left over from that swingset.

Instead of spending whatever for cheap plastic sunvisor tips, slid them right in, sturdy, they're pretty long and slide all the way in, work great.

That’s pretty awesome that left over stuff was a workable piece. I was thinking the diameter would have to be very close to what you would need in order to cut the threads for the rod ends. Unless you have a lathe.... LOL!

Even if you had to purchase a bit of round bar stock to cut, once you have the diameter size needed, it would be a cake walk to just cut the length and then the threads.

-
Back