Dual quad manifold

-
some nice small blocks with 2x4 intakes. thanks for sharing.

you you think it would be to much cfm for some of the small blocks with 2x4s on them. but still cool..

That why old timers were telling me two 600's are too much, that really I should use two 400 carters but those are pretty hard to find.

Me thought it be too small so I went with 500 cfm carbs. With a 3,000 stall and 3.91 gears, I found I didn't need those air secondary doors. First I removed the front carb air door and lighten up the rear car door but then later on I removed the rear carb door as well and I lengthen the accel pump shots

Only if I punch it very quickly at lower rpms do I get a bog--or in the wrong gear, like 3rd gear at 55 mph. If I come down on the gas slow but steady and allow the speed to increase, then by 65 or so it can go wot....at 80 on the E way its got more punch then your normal 750 holley DP, IMO..you can punch the throttle as fast as you please

My carbs are hook 1 to 1.

Before it got the 3,000 stall converter, having the carbs 1 to 1 made for hard-too hard part throttle shifts--chirping the tires on every shift is asking for problems, lol With the higher stall speed it soften the shifts and allowed me to run the carbs 1 to 1

I didn't like having the carbs hook progressilty, it was like a single carb, either not enough power or too much power...there be a soft spot part throttle and if you kept on squeezing the gas, it come on too strong and your going 60 in a 45 zone

Now pulling out in traffic is a breeze, I can throttle it to give just enough power as it needs to merger smoothly with traffic.

Best part is 3 full seasons now and I had no problems with the carbs--well once it did start idling a little rough but must have been some dirt cause the problem went away on its own. If the carb does get dirty, its only effects 1 carb so the problem isn't as bad

you you think it would be to much cfm for some of the small blocks with 2x4s on them. but still cool..

Oh, I also believe the small ports of the D 64 intake helps, those are small 273/318 ports but seals fine on the 360 308 heads I am using. I use the Fel Pro print o seal intake gaskets, the ones with a steel core so the gaskets don't split. I drilled a 1/4 inch hole for the intake exhaust heat since its cool more often then hot outside around here Even in the summer the nights are 60's degrees or cooler. I found a heated intake is a help up here..the carbs seem to stay cool

I have never run 2 fours on a mopar but I ran a tunnel ram with 2 660 holley center squirters on a small block chevy...it idled smooth and pulled hard to 8000 revs..I think if a chevy can handle it mopar no problem.

A MoPar can so long as you do some oiling mods!

-
Back