Dual quad question?

-

Crazy4408pac

N. Michigan
Reaction score
I have dual 600 cfm edelbrocks on my rig. I've heard that when using progressive linkage, the back carb should open first. Am I correct? Would there be a problem, if I opened the front carb first?
My set-up came with Edelbrock's dual quad progressive linkage. I can't for the life of me figure out how to set it up so the back carb opens first.
Pictures would be great.
Thanks for any help.

Actually photos of what YOU have would be great. And specifically, "what" manifold?

If you've got the Edelbrock #7094 linkage kit it should be fairly easy. Connect your throttle cable to the back carb and it should pull open directly in response to the cable. The rod that connects to the front carb should slide back until it engages the black block that allows it to start pulling the front carb open.

View attachment 350-7094_1.jpg

View attachment image.php.jpg

IMHO. the idea goes for the duel carb as goes for the single carb.. in that ALL blades get to wide open at the same time. and on a duel set up it should idle on the front plates of the rear carb to get the fuel distribution right at low RPM. but remember a very big carb might have lazy response at low RPM. if it was mine i would not punch it until i learn how it responds.

If those are out of the box carbs, you're going to want to jet them approximately 20 percent leaner for the dual quad setup

I have dual edelbrock carbs and they are very easy to hook up progressive and that's what I prefer for the street as it gives it better street manners. I'll post some pictures no problem. also I was told that I should use the front carburetor as my primary carburetor and the back carburetor as my secondary, but I don't think it matters either way. I used the back carburetor as my primary carburetor and also the one that I use for the electric choke. You'll see in the picture that the rear carburetor is set coming from the top of the pole arm and the front carburetor is set a little lower i.e. closer to the fulcrum point to make it move and catch up at full throttle. And as someone just said they're adjusted sitting at full throttle. View attachment 20150305_133838.jpg
Again the back carburetor is hooked up normal and the front carburetor is where the magic happens ( lol ) as you can see its pull point is lower on the throttle arm and the rod slides through til the stopper catches, and that catcher is set up correctly when both are at full throttle. Give me one more post here and I'll try and post a better picture or a closer one...

I knew I had some better pictures as I was asked this question recently. Also you can see on the front carburetor you don't have to go to much lower then the upper normal point. just a little bit lower. I think there's a small hole that can be enlarged and/or even use as is.View attachment 20150605_174157.jpg

View attachment 20150605_174004-1.jpg

View attachment 20150605_174004.jpg
Oh yeah and you don't need that expensive stuff on Summit or Jegs, just the inexpensive stuff at the parts store works fine.

-
Back