Dual quads on 440

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
Ok recently purchased a Mopar with a 440 and it has the eddy intake and dual 600 carbs..car has sat for a long while still. Has pooling fuel inside carb to the right you can see in the pic. Are floats maybe sticking..what is causing it to pool there.

Screenshot_20220620-133150_Gallery_copy_810x1800.jpg

Ok recently purchased a Mopar with a 440 and it has the eddy intake and dual 600 carbs..car has sat for a long while still. Has pooling fuel inside carb to the right you can see in the pic. Are floats maybe sticking..what is causing it to pool there.

View attachment 1715944405
You'd be best to simply clean the carbs, and get new gaskets and plungers.

You'd be best to simply clean the carbs, and get new gaskets and plungers.
Steer away from the cheap kits on ebay. The gaskets are OK but the seats threads must be filed to reduce the Excessive amount of
Of material, keeping the seat from fully going in. I would expect to pay $35 for quality kits with an accelerator pump
Pure Chinesium vs Made in the USA

Appears to be a float problem.
Easy carb to take top off of and inspect
and reset floats.

I think setting is a 3/8 bit under float but check.

I would NOT buy any parts at this stage. This is not a Holley [ or clone ] & you should be able to remove the air horn if you are careful without damaging the gasket.
Check that needle & seal are sealing [ invert airhorn & suck on fuel inlet ]. If that is ok, gently push floats into WARM water to check for pin hole leak; check float level is 7/16" & make sure floats do not rub against body or bind up somewhere. Check acc pump plunger; if hard, needs replacing.

I would NOT buy any parts at this stage. This is not a Holley [ or clone ] & you should be able to remove the air horn if you are careful without damaging the gasket.
Check that needle & seal are sealing [ invert airhorn & suck on fuel inlet ]. If that is ok, gently push floats into WARM water to check for pin hole leak; check float level is 7/16" & make sure floats do not rub against body or bind up somewhere. Check acc pump plunger; if hard, needs replacing.

Ok sounds good it's been ahwile since taking one if these apart. Hopefully I can get away without some parts. I'm I'm Florida on vacation will attempt when I get home and update post. Thanks for the help guys

Got them both off the car and got the first one cleaned out pretty good. As you can see each bowl had a lot of crap in it. Going to do tye other carb tomorrow didn't have time this evening.

20220624_155546_copy_3600x4800.jpg

20220624_155550_copy_3600x4800.jpg

Got them cleaned out runs much better no white smoke. Pulled a plug looks rich but im gonna change them out since carb cleaning and see what goes on. It has Autolite 65 in there now and I have a set of NGK FR5 laying on the shelf would these be ok to use. I'm not sure of build but if I had to guess it's not far from stock it has a small cam that's about it besides the dual quads.

-
Back