Dude's Still Got It

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he's old and his voice is weak, but he's still got it. Listen to that guitar work. Still right on top of it at 81 years old. Always loved his music.

That'll do it. lol

Yeah, I think cigarettes are far worse then any of the drugs as far as health and aging you before its time. They really suck the life outta you.

Never missed a beat. Love that guy.

He can come sit on the porch and play all he wants. Think I still got half a bottle of pappy's I'd share with him. Watch the red tails soar and just enjoy.

He can come sit on the porch and play all he wants. Think I still got half a bottle of pappy's I'd share with him. Watch the red tails soar and just enjoy.

I know you're right. I'd love to pick with him.

Was a seriously heavy drinker until maybe 10 years ago, health issues were the main reason why he stopped.

Yeah, drinkin does it too. Knew a local girl for years.....she was a waitress at the local Waffle House. She was actually really pretty......a long time ago. She smoked like 4 packs a day and drank BAD. She had a massive stroke and died about two years ago. Even shortly before that, through all the deep wrinkles, she could glam up pretty good and still had a sparkle in her eye. Sweet girl too. It was a real shame. She was three years younger than I am. I'm 55.

I ain't gonna lie. Seeing a guy his age doing what he loves (and is very good at) made me a little misty-eyed.

and...I used to roller skate to "If you could read my mind" every Friday night at the roller rink!

Whenever I hear his music, I stop and listen... Mesmerized

When I was going to college in the 70's I couldn't study when his music came on... It would capture me and I couldn't study (now called multi-tasking)

His music takes me away

Thanks Gordon!

I have all of his music in my collection, he's one of my favorites. I still remember the first time I heard wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald, I was at the tobacco warehouse with my dad selling our tobacco and heard it on the radio in the office in 1976, I went and bought the album, "Summer time Dream".

Last edited:
Wreck of the Edmunds Fitzgerald is what i think of.....

-
Back