Duel 1 Barrel Linkage

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the Offy duel 1 barrel setup? I'm interested in the linkage and how it's setup.

But here are a couple of pic's of the carb linkage setup for later model cable operated carbs
View attachment 0320121004b.jpg
in the taped part I have drilled a hole to put ion a set screw to give me some way to ADjust it to different lenght
View attachment 0320121004.jpg
in this view youcan see the rod coming down from the linkage. that will probable be removed and the cable connection will be hooked there, along with the automatic kick down rod or cable. (have to custom make that or get a lokar type cable)
View attachment 0320121004a.jpg

View attachment 0320121003b.jpg

The linkage is still available new.

This really helps. I have the linkage kit and tells me I need to cut the rod coming out of the firewall. I'm trying to mock up the setup on the ground before installation

The Offy linkage kit and instructions ("Cut the rod…" etc.) apply only to the pre-'67 A-bodies with the rotating-rod style throttle linkage. You are on your own to fabricate throttle and kickdown provisions if using a cable-type accelerator setup.

Choke hookup info here.

The key to making this setup work well is two exactly matched carburetors.

The Offy linkage kit and instructions ("Cut the rod…" etc.) apply only to the pre-'67 A-bodies with the rotating-rod style throttle linkage. You are on your own to fabricate throttle and kickdown provisions if using a cable-type accelerator setup.

Choke hookup info here.

The key to making this setup work well is two exactly matched carburetors.

it's a 61 Lancer wagon with the aluminum 225

Perfect, that's what the Offy linkage kit was designed around so it will require only relatively minimal fiddling to put it all together and make it work.

You'll have some difficulty with air cleaners in that application. The 11" diameter large/low unit clears the hood, but is too big to fit two of them side-by-each. The 9" diameter small/tall unit ('63-'67) will fit side-by-each but may just barely not quite clear the hood; you may have to find and use a slightly shorter filter element.

Perfect, that's what the Offy linkage kit was designed around so it will require only relatively minimal fiddling to put it all together and make it work.

You'll have some difficulty with air cleaners in that application. The 11" diameter large/low unit clears the hood, but is too big to fit two of them side-by-each. The 9" diameter small/tall unit ('63-'67) will fit side-by-each but may just barely not quite clear the hood; you may have to find and use a slightly shorter filter element.

Kinda like this? I have two of the small diameter aircleaners so it's nice to know in advance what to look for. Thanks Dan.

Attachments

• Duel Carb Slant.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 213
Question where an I get this linkage from? I cannot seem to find it anywhere

38 Dodge, the linkage is Offenhauser part number 5041K.

dart4forte, that's pretty cool…yours, or someone else's? Somebody did a neat cut job on these (larger-diameter) air cleaner lids and sealed the cuts to each other with rubber.

Dan, I get plug wires when I click that link for linkage.

-
Back