Dumb a$$ cat sh# in my shop like 7 times.

-

Rice Nuker

Let the Coal Roll!
Reaction score
So, my cat was ill, so I kept it in the garage for 2 weeks and it used a litter box. Then it voluntarily relocated itself back to my shop where it typically lives. But now it craps in the corner rather than outside. My shop has a 8" hole in the wall for cat ingress-egress, so it is only in the shop occasionally to eat and drink but now wont dump out in the friggin field where it used to, cause it had become citified. I can verify that the cat is exiting the shop constantly thru its cat door cause I have cameras around the area.

What kind of bear mace or formaldehyde can I spray around the corners of my shop to discourage the cat from pooping and peeing?

I put 6 moth balls (naptha type) where it poops and it pooped twice on top of them like a smart ***, so that idea is out.

Any advice welcomed. thanks.

Put the litter box in the corner.

Problem solved, problem staying solved. Rangers lead the way.

Also, cats won't use a dirty litterbox; they'll find a new place. Also also, what sort of litter and box are you using? Might be something in there that they don't like....

- CK

Thanks, yea I did that for now.

Specifically I would like to discourage the cat from crapping in the shop as it was content for the last year or so to use the 200 acres of land surrounding my house.

I have heard a lead pill behind the ear will put a stop to it. Just kidding.

You need a better tool help it relocate.
Cayenne pepper on the floor? Jumbo size is cheap. Might try it.

No 30.06 in my house.
But I do have 4 Mausers. Two collector grade ones. 1942byf and a 1944dot.
One mismatched. One I built for bambi. And lots of surplus.

Attachments

• old-fashion-cat-carrier.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 389
Put the litter box in the corner.

Problem solved, problem staying solved. Rangers lead the way.

Also, cats won't use a dirty litterbox; they'll find a new place. Also also, what sort of litter and box are you using? Might be something in there that they don't like....

- CK

Then work the box to the opening to your shop then outside then take it away.

The cat toter appears to be reasonable as well.

Seriously, I actually dont hurt animals, unless I am fairly hungry but that gadget is still damd f-n funny!.

Yea, just messing with some friend's mausers now. Yugo 24/47s with 23.x" barrel. He got a few "special select" units and they are smooth and fun to run.

I am looking at a scope mount that fits where the rear sight goes for a pistol scope currently.. Probably a bit cheezy setup but man those irons are painful (not talented enuff) at 200 yds.

Do you have a scope on your bambi fetcher? If so, how'd you mount it?

We can talk about anything, its my thread :).

You need a better tool help it relocate.
Cayenne pepper on the floor? Jumbo size is cheap. Might try it.

No 30.06 in my house.
But I do have 4 Mausers. Two collector grade ones. 1942byf and a 1944dot.
One mismatched. One I built for bambi. And lots of surplus.

Never had a cat, can they learn stuff like dogs ?

When my dog poop in the house as a puppy, I drag him over to the spot and yelled a bit and tap his nose and shoved his face right by it. Might sound little mean and maybe it was but he didn't poop in the house that many more times.

Yea, that's how I trained all my dogs and they crap outside in the woods.

This cat, the only way to catch it is with a land mine or a snare, it is skiddish and freaky, so, not getting it in my hands to train it I dont reckon.

:)

The cat toter appears to be reasonable as well.

Seriously, I actually dont hurt animals, unless I am fairly hungry but that gadget is still damd f-n funny!.

Yea, just messing with some friend's mausers now. Yugo 24/47s with 23.x" barrel. He got a few "special select" units and they are smooth and fun to run.

I am looking at a scope mount that fits where the rear sight goes for a pistol scope currently.. Probably a bit cheezy setup but man those irons are painful (not talented enuff) at 200 yds.

Do you have a scope on your bambi fetcher? If so, how'd you mount it?

We can talk about anything, its my thread :).

I used stainless shims under the mounts.
I left the stripper hole and iron sights for back up.
Hey, it’s your thread. Like you said. Take it anywhere you want.
You can only make so many sail cat jokes.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/study-housecats-kill-billions-of-animals-a-year,31088/
I bought this one from a fellow that walked into a small gun shop-trying sell it around 1979. All matching serial numbers, even the stock, and mint bore. The receiver ring had been scrubbed but they missed a proof mark under the bolt handle.
I would not do it again if I knew what I know now.
But I was young and didn’t know any better.
Bambi stayed pretty safe because life got in the way of sitting in the woods for hours.
The bigger concern was the same thing that is worrying people today. Except now it is much worse now.
Today is like those years on steroids.
I was getting ready for the balloon to go up. Just 30 years too soon. Stocking up on ammo too back then. 8mm was the weapon of choice for distance work.
223 for up close.
Now I am too old to bug out and the wife needs her medicines so we have to stay put.
But maybe me and some other old farts could hold them off long enough for the young people to get away.
Let me know if you want pictures of the collector’s pieces.
I had a third nice one that I sold years ago.
I also had a non-matching G43 that I sold. I’d really like that one back.

Attachments

• IMG_20130131_234421 (Large).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_20130131_234512 (Large).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_20130131_234633 (Large).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_20130131_234701 (Large).jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_20130131_234803 (Large).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_20130131_234956 (Large).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 340
Get your next door nieghbor to build a garden , garunteed your cat will start crapping in his garden instead of your shop. F-ing cats. Stop feeding it , and it wont crap anymore . LOL

I have heard a lead pill behind the ear will put a stop to it. Just kidding.

X2! Our hood is infested with them!:banghead: Wild at that! We use them for target practice. Moving targets help hone skills :D.

I personally hate feline.

Dogs have unconditional love for their Master, Cats have to think about it!

Boom!!!!!!! Done! :thumbup:

Set this up in your garage

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8"]How to stop cats pissing on your car, The best cat video ever! - Craig Turner - YouTube[/ame]

it could always be worse

160 cats were rescued from a home in Colorado Springs. At least nine different groups from El Paso County and Denver are sheltering the rescued cats.
The owner of the cats was being evicted, so her friends called rescue groups to find homes for the cats. The owner is not facing charges, because she willingly gave up the cats.

The cat is using the litter box I put where he takes dumps in the corner so I guess it has not lost its mind and is not sick. On video (only to observe it) it appears healthy and normal behavior, it is eating and drinking appropriately.

Reckon I will slowly move litter box outside like suggested.

Very nice machine adriver. Thanks for sharing.

Moding the thing to accept normal scope appears to requrie de-hardening, drilling, tapping, re-hardening. Pita. So, I was looking at this:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004O6AHWM/ref=asc_df_B004O6AHWM2369518?smid=A30DGGRQPDAP9Y&tag=sdcbing157-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B004O6AHWM"]Amazon.com: Global Military Gear Mauser K98 Rifle Aluminum Picatinny Scout Scope Mount: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

my cat is fully trained like a dog .....he rolls over, shakes hands, and comes to me when i call him. i dont tolerate unruley felines....its my way or my way.....he dont have a choice.

HOW i trained him.

make him smell his deposit in the garage and give a light tap of a rolled newspaper on his nose....NOTE ..i said light tap ...the nose is VERY sensative ...dont take more than a tap to drive the message home ....while doing that you might say something like "BAD KITTY" ...he will feel the negative vibe.

take his deposit somewhere in the yard, where you dont mind him going and make him smell it out there....and say something like "good kitty" get his paw and make a digging motion in the dirt ...he will feel the "positive" vibe ....you need to show him what you want ...cats are not mind readersLOL

now back in the garage after its cleaned up put small amounts of food in little bowls everywhere he pooped that way he can smell that is an eating place not a potty.

the most important thing is get on a schedule...i monitored my cat and found that he was making deposits at a certain time.....so now we have a routine and he goes outside at a certain time and makes deposits in a designated area at a specific time.

cats are like humans ...creatures of habits .....spend some time working with him and get him on a schedule and it will work flawless.

NEVER hit a cat or give more than a tap on his nose ...if you want a cat to hate you for the rest of his life thats a good way to do it.

and allow for "accidents" in the first month. just like dogs...you need to put some time and effort into it......after you get him the way you want him .....he can be a nice addition to your shop for many years to come.

DO NOT believe the myth that only dogs can be trained ....dogs are 100 times dumber than cats so if they can be trained, then a cat should be capable of getting a G.E.D.

That fancy rail thing wasn't available years ago. At the price you sure could try it.
No trouble drilling this one.
Maybe it just has a thin case hardening

http://www.sporterizing.com/index.php?showtopic=5674
http://surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=112775

A brief general response to post.

Yes cats are smart and can be trained. That's why cats are used for search and rescue.
Cats are familiars of witches. They also tend to cause more allergies than dogs.
The most amazing thing is people that claim such love for their pussy but let it run loose exposing it to harm, pissing on neighbors cars, killing birds, reproducing and cat calling at will.
A cat is the only animal I know of, that will generally kill for fun.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/canine-corner/201012/are-dogs-more-intelligent-cats

Snip

"Based on the encephalization quotient, the brightest animals on the planet are humans, followed great apes, porpoises, and elephants. The dog is close behind elephants in its EQ. Descending down the list we find cats lower than dogs, followed by horses, sheep, mice, rats and rabbits. As a general rule, animals that hunt for a living (like canines) are smarter than strict vegetarians (you don't need much intelligence to outsmart a leaf of lettuce)."

"However a real surprise occurs in some recent data provided by Suzanne Shultz and Robin Dunbar at Oxford University. They wondered about whether there had been evolutionary changes in the Encephalization Index. For example, when we domesticate animals, especially a companion animal like a dog, we are placing new demands upon it. Some of these demands are social in nature, such as understanding human communication gestures and words. Dogs are subjected to more of this pressure than are cats. Thus it might be expected that dogs would show a greater rise in their EQ than cats. This was verified by the Oxford researchers using 511 different samples ranging from extinct species only available as fossils, up through current living examples. Thus it appears that based on their EQ dogs are becoming progressively more intelligent over time while cats have remained at much the same level of mental ability that they had when we first domesticated them. This means that not only are dogs smarter than cats, but the gap between the species is increasing over time."

V-100, Yeap, possibly I can get me some chinese restaurant fellows to use their cat catching skills and subsequently make me a nice batch of cat stir-fried rice. Bit of garlic and chili and I am friggin diggin in!

Rani,
This cat is uncatchable with out a trap or similar. Is is afraid of everything and heads for the hills when it hears me or the dog coming. Training it is not something I care to at all ever. I have 40 other hobbies and a career ahead of training barn cats. We got it for killing mice and moles which it does, barely, and he is about half wild and crazy.

Fortunately, since I have been watching on the shop camera recordings, it is using the litter box, eating from the auto feeder and drinking from the auto water tank, very routinely, so I will migrate his litter box slowly out the door in the next few weeks as suggested by purple haze.

Lately we have this calico drifting in and out of my shop eating and drinking randomly which is great for keeping the mouse population down as this calico is a totally wild hunter, leaves chewed up moles on the shop floor for me.

-
Back