Dumb Comments

-
as it turns out, a buddy has a complete 100 shot setup he offered to sell us for $50. The boy jumped on it and offered to buy it. I told him we didn't need it, but it was his money to spend. Also told him I wouldn't be filling the bottle. His response was...."Yeah but it will look cool even if there's no gas in the bottle, and it will be there if we ever want to use it". Guess he's got a point, we've spent more than that on other "look cool" items for the car already

I wonder if I could hide a small bottle in my fresh air breather
I did this not to look cool, we know 80 degree air is better 190 degree air.

Attachments

• June%2520third%25202010%2520helping%2520Creed%2520Clean%2520My%2520Closet%2520area%2520OUT!%2520.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 320
All I ever get from folks at car show's/gas stations is = What year is it, Is it for sale.
Or I get this allot = My grandmother had on just like it, douse it have the slant six in it :D
I guess the 66 Valiant and back to 63 are unmistakable
and was used on mail routs allot around here is the words I hear...
I have many great hours talking as I pump gas :happy1:
I get this from my son!! We need to put my 360 in it :toothy8:
Not going to happen son :D

Lol,I have a nice 360 4bbl sitting on an engine stand in my carport if you ever change your mind. Yes ,its for sale! The last guy who claimed to be interested never even showed up to look at it,the tire kicker!

Lol,I have a nice 360 4bbl sitting on an engine stand in my carport if you ever change your mind. Yes ,its for sale! The last guy who claimed to be interested never even showed up to look at it,the tire kicker!

I have a dandy 360 on a stand, or Creed and I do :-k :D
It moved my old truck 8.17 1/8 mile with 3.55 gears.
Na!! I have the rear end all new and the front end fresh and smooth for another 20.000 miles and the way my 170/ is doing it will stay with me a long time :happy1: NOCK ON WOOD!!!

Gotta love the 360! Enough torque to be comparable to a big block,yet has the size of a smallblock.

I had a Dodge Warlock with 360 4bbl,fun truck! At least nobody mistook it for a Nova,lol.

One day I will find a home for this nice little 360. It sure is clean on the inside;I removed a valve cover and it was almost like new in there.Only 64 000 miles on it,and a golf course truck to boot probably means it is a cream puff motor.It sure would help if I could get free of these stupid home owner repairs I seem to be saddled with lately. Then I could clean the little 360 up,and post up some pics and a for sale ad.

GRRRRR....:protest:

The most annoying comment I have received goes as follows:

"I know where you could get a newer car for only $5k-$6k so you wouldn't have to drive around that old one anymore."

regarding my '67 fastback Barracuda.

Years ago I had my '66 Barracuda idling in my garage and a landscaper across the street heard it and asked me what motor was in it...."I said 273"...he looks over the car for a few seconds and says, "That 440 sounds mean!"
A few years before I had the '66 I had a '70 "Mark Donahue" Javelin and was frequently told..."Nice Camaro" WTF!!!!

Not really a dumb comment, but a dumb question. Got my '74 Baccaruda in the garage. Spent a day with my buddy who does my rollback work getting a few cars moved around and at the end of the day we finally get the E-body home.

I'm in and out of the garage on the weekends all the time, doing yard work, grabbing tools, so I leave the door open. My wife's new puppy is at the gate at the driveway, barking at the neighbor from across the street as he pulls in. The neighbor to the right of me has two pug things that bark at everybody who walks by and I won't stand for our new puppy to do the same thing. So I surprise the little s***, come out the front door, jump in front of gate, literally scare the piss out him, and yell at him for barking at the neighbors. (He hasn't done so since.)

My neighbor is one of those who spends all day cruising around hauling people's junk away. He laughs at the pup and then asks me what I'm going to do with that "old junk car in the garage." I told him flat out that 1.) it's not junk 2.) it's going to be built 3.) it's not for sale. He stalked away.

So, let me get this straight. I'm supposed to take a car that I just spent hours of my time and money I earned to get into my garage so it wouldn't be out in the weather anymore and sell it to him, at less than scrap prices so he could make a profit selling it for scrap?

I was having my oil changed at one of those 10 min. Lube places and the 19 year old chick asked me if the odometer reading of 4,557 miles on my 1969 Roadrunner was original !!!
I used to wear a shirt with Plymouth GTX on the front of my shirt..When some one would ask about it..The first thing they would say is it like GTO..Ya, the same but a different brand !!...If I said it was Roadrunners big brother they kind of got it..Most have heard of a Roadrunner....GTX not so much...Rick Tampa Fl

Had a "guy" in the engine shop where I worked.....I was just finishing up a 440 six pak motor on the stand. The "guy" asked what it was and I politely told him it was a 440 six pak. He then said.......and I quote..... "oh cool, what's it going in, a Hemi Cuda?". Lol
Several times when I had the 383 stroker in my Malibu, people would ask...."isn't that a Mopar motor?". Yup.....yup it is......lol

Not really a dumb comment, but a dumb question. Got my '74 Baccaruda in the garage. Spent a day with my buddy who does my rollback work getting a few cars moved around and at the end of the day we finally get the E-body home.

I'm in and out of the garage on the weekends all the time, doing yard work, grabbing tools, so I leave the door open. My wife's new puppy is at the gate at the driveway, barking at the neighbor from across the street as he pulls in. The neighbor to the right of me has two pug things that bark at everybody who walks by and I won't stand for our new puppy to do the same thing. So I surprise the little s***, come out the front door, jump in front of gate, literally scare the piss out him, and yell at him for barking at the neighbors. (He hasn't done so since.)

My neighbor is one of those who spends all day cruising around hauling people's junk away. He laughs at the pup and then asks me what I'm going to do with that "old junk car in the garage." I told him flat out that 1.) it's not junk 2.) it's going to be built 3.) it's not for sale. He stalked away.

So, let me get this straight. I'm supposed to take a car that I just spent hours of my time and money I earned to get into my garage so it wouldn't be out in the weather anymore and sell it to him, at less than scrap prices so he could make a profit selling it for scrap?

He sounds jealous. Remarking that your car is"junk" devalues it in his eyes,so he was probably gonna lowball you until you told him it wasnt for sale.

Next time just tell him to F@$ck off...

Lots of guys want a mopar now that thier cool. I say tough **** for you.Cant have my mopar,or my gun either.

OVER MY DEAD BODY IS WHEN...

Part of these dumb comments are a good reason why I avoid car shows. To many snobs that pick apart your not so perfect car. If I had a car that I was to afraid to drive, I would not bother owning it. I believe in driving them. If my car is being towed, it is broken down or stolen.

As for the poster that said some of these sound like snob comments, I disagree. It's ok that some people don't know a lot about cars. But lots of the comments are from "car guys" which makes it funny because they really don't know sh*t.

He sounds jealous. Remarking that your car is"junk" devalues it in his eyes,so he was probably gonna lowball you until you told him it wasnt for sale.

Next time just tell him to F@$ck off...

Lots of guys want a mopar now that thier cool. I say tough **** for you.Cant have my mopar,or my gun either.

OVER MY DEAD BODY IS WHEN...

People like that go to hell >:D muhahaha

Part of these dumb comments are a good reason why I avoid car shows. To many snobs that pick apart your not so perfect car. If I had a car that I was to afraid to drive, I would not bother owning it. I believe in driving them. If my car is being towed, it is broken down or stolen.

As for the poster that said some of these sound like snob comments, I disagree. It's ok that some people don't know a lot about cars. But lots of the comments are from "car guys" which makes it funny because they really don't know sh*t.

Amen, driving them is what its about.

I'll admit to being illiterate when it comes to e-bodies, so best to keep quiet when it comes to stuff you don't know, as Abe Lincoln said, "It is best to keep silence and have people question your intelligence, than to speak and remove all doubt."

I was having my oil changed at one of those 10 min. Lube places and the 19 year old chick asked me if the odometer reading of 4,557 miles on my 1969 Roadrunner was original !!!
I used to wear a shirt with Plymouth GTX on the front of my shirt..When some one would ask about it..The first thing they would say is it like GTO..Ya, the same but a different brand !!...If I said it was Roadrunners big brother they kind of got it..Most have heard of a Roadrunner....GTX not so much...Rick Tampa Fl

Yeah that is annoying about not having people recognize the model of the car, but sometimes you gotta give then the benefit of the doubt.

I had just taken the protective plastic off the car over the weekend and a neighbor from across the street comes over with one of those "know it all" guys. So my neighbor doesn't know anythign about cars and he'll admit that. But his buddy asks, "What year is that? About a '56 or so?" I reply, "No, it's a '69." I can't believe that he was THAT far off!. So I start it up, lopey idle, screaming loud open headers, and after I shut the motor off, he says "Yeah it sounds pretty good when it revs up. It's a little rough though at idle. It's probably just fuel or something. It's gotta be air, fuel, or spark." (the motor runs perfect BTW). He has no clue.

The most annoying comment I have received goes as follows:

"I know where you could get a newer car for only $5k-$6k so you wouldn't have to drive around that old one anymore."

regarding my '67 fastback Barracuda.

I got that comment from a kid at work the other day.

So the other day my dad and I are cruisin around in his 1968 Charger R/T and we had to stop at the grocery store for momma. When we park a guy comes up and says "Wow man nice Challenger my dad had one exactly like it back in 68." I amstandin there thinkin -A- can this guy not read it only says Charger on the C pillars, between the tailights, and on the freakin grille. -B- Wow I didnt know that dodge made Challlengers back in 68. So we just say thanks and walk away chucklin.

Everytime I tell the story I still get a good laugh

Attachments

• Dads Charger 2.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 206
74DartSwinger360 said:
So the other day my dad and I are cruisin around in his 1968 Charger R/T and we had to stop at the grocery store for momma. When we park a guy comes up and says "Wow man nice Challenger my dad had one exactly like it back in 68." I amstandin there thinkin -A- can this guy not read it only says Charger on the C pillars, between the tailights, and on the freakin grille. -B- Wow I didnt know that dodge made Challlengers back in 68. So we just say thanks and walk away chucklin.

Everytime I tell the story I still get a good laugh

I'm sure that gets called the General Lee all the time.

Yep always get asked where the flag and numbers are. But at least we have a cb antenna on it now and dont get asked where it is.

:walk:away when that happens. The neighbors said I should turn my Charger into a GL. When I am a fan of Dukes, Chargers take precedence over Dukes.

Was at a paint shop with my 1966 barracuda to pick up some paint a few years back. Young paint tech working there was looking over that car read the "barracuda" on the fender and said "Man! This things got to be worth a lot of money!" I said "naa not that much" he looks at me with a cocked head and says. "I just saw one on Barrett Jackson sell for over $200,000...so this has to be worth at least a $100,000!" I just said...yea maybe?

But I've even said stupid stuff at car shows....Talking to a big mopar nut...I look over his shoulder and see a green 68 dart...ask him who's dart is that? he looks and says what dart? I say the green one there 8 cars down...he looks back and shakes his head and says COME ON MAN!!!! :violent1: thats a 66 GTO....face palm! :banghead:

But I've even said stupid stuff at car shows....Talking to a big mopar nut...I look over his shoulder and see a green 68 dart...ask him who's dart is that? he looks and says what dart? I say the green one there 8 cars down...he looks back and shakes his head and says COME ON MAN!!!! :violent1: thats a 66 GTO....face palm! :banghead:

LOL now thats funny hehe

Attachments

• DoubleFacePalm.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 185
-
Back