Dumb question - difference between Dodge and Plymouth

-
Really? You think ANY Duster is worth more than an M-Code Dart??? You're dreamin'

Big deal that's the only dart worth more then any duster..go price a '70-'71 duster vs a '70-'71 dart:D:D

When my grandpa bought his last car a 65 coronet, which he gave to me.
He said Plymouth's were $100 cheaper for base models than a Dodge.

Big deal that's the only dart worth more then any duster..go price a '70-'71 duster vs a '70-'71 dart:D:D

It is a big deal!!! ANY big block Dart with out-pull $$$ vs. ANY Duster, all day, any day!

A Charger Daytona blows away a Plymouth Superbird...Charger R/T kills a GTX, and on, and on, and on.......

well.... in case you were worried - - you better not put that inferior Plymouth head on that Dodge 318... the world would probably spin backwards.. over and out. :happy1:

In the '50s the Plymouth motors weren't the same as the Dodge Hemis or Polys, though trucks were odd and by the '58/'59, there were corporate motors. There were Dodge Chargers, Dodge Magnums, Plymouth Commandos, and Plymouth Super Commandos- even though sometimes the names or availability changed the motors were all the same across Chrysler, Dodge, Dodge Trucks, DeSoto, Imperial, Plymouth, and Valiant following the corporate motor adoption.

Plymouths tended to be cheaper and more common than Dodges with higher production, though it wasn't always the same and the Dodge's usually had close to or the same desirability but value varies model to model as with everything.

The Dodge dog dishes look better than the Plymouth dog dishes.

A Charger Daytona blows away a Plymouth Superbird...Charger R/T kills a GTX, and on, and on, and on.......

Charger daytona is rarer thats what makes it more valuable(they're both still ugly)..

Charger r/t don't think so..i'd take the gtx anyday...

'70-'71 340 duster still more valuable then a 340 dart will ever be:D:D

go to sell the duster and you will find out it ain't maybe worth what ya thought!!????? ha

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. quote from Shakespere, Gomer Pyle, and the snaggled toothed guys in Deliverance!? ha

The only duster that is at the top of the food chain as far as value goes is called a Dodge Demon, Funny how they put a dart nose and different tail lights in it and made a more valuable and better looking car. A friend of mine was looking for a 340 or 383 Dart GTS or Swinger for a year now ran across a half dozen 340 Dusters in excellent shape he could of picked up between $15,000 and $20,000 but every Dart he found where in the $25,000+ range. He finally bought a 67 318 Dart GT for $18,000 and it was only 85% to 90% finished.

Charger daytona is rarer thats what makes it more valuable(they're both still ugly)..

I don't understand why you are comparing early Dusters to Darts..... Dodge's answer to the 70 Duster was to introduce the Demon in 71.

The value of a 340 Duster vs a 340 Demon is a much better comparison. In that case, I would say the Demon wins!

I think I know, but is there any significant differences between Dodge and Plymouth small blocks?

Also, any way to tell is my block is from a Dodge or a Plymouth?

I'm leaning towards no....lol

Jeff

We're getting off track here.

This isn't a question of what car YOU'D take...it's a question of value in the marketplace...and a Charger R/T WILL be more money than a GTX.

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder....neither is ugly to me, but again, not the question..... a Daytona is worth more "IN THE MARKETPLACE" than a Superbird.

A 340 Duster worth more than a Dart 340 GTS????...give your head a GOOD shake!

-
Back