Dumb questions warning...

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to search for the "correct" OEM gas cap for my 72 Demon. I searched and came up with different possibilities.. Some chrome, some painted / paintable.. Some listed for multiple years, yet some listed for same years are different..
Also, did all a bodies come with 2 horns, specifically the 72 Demon..?

Thanks..!

71 Demon 340 gas cap/ filler neck correct?
https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/71-demon-340-gas-cap-filler-neck-correct.544899/
https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/71-demon-340-gas-cap-filler-neck-correct.544899/
IMG_3404.jpeg

There might be two different gas caps for cars with & without emissions stuff. As far as horns go, I'm not sure about Demons, but Dusters only had one horn as far as I know.

I never saw a duster with only one horn. Gas caps 72 and newer will fit. Here are some better I have pictures that show differences

DSCF2698.JPG

DSCF2699.JPG

DSCF2700.JPG

DSCF2701.JPG

DSCF2702.JPG

DSCF2705.JPG

DSCN0810.JPG

DSCN0811.JPG

DSCN0813.JPG

DSCN0818.JPG

Pretty sure that no chrome gas caps ever came out of the factory. Replacement factory, still don't think so, but maybe. Aftermarket chrome, yes.

I'm guessing low line cars only had 1 horn? I have 1 Duster now that came with only one horn but has the Gold Duster option & light group, & a parts car that had only 1 from the factory. Yep, go figure.

Replacement chrome caps were available at the dealer for lost cap replacement . This was so you didn't need to paint the cap to match. There are many aftermarket chrome caps. 1971 caps are on there own. I never saw an aftermarket that fits 1971. But yet I have some vintage and sunchecked chrome replacement 1971 caps. Mopar did make over the counter chrome replacement caps. You can etch the chrome with crushed glass and self etch prime the chrome for paint. I did a set of mirrors and scoop chrome to paint for the gold Demon yesterday. I am putting them back the way they came .

20180707_155038 (2).jpg

I never thought there were so many different ones.
That was an eye opener.

-
Back