Dumb trucker can’t read

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This RR bridge down the street is marked several places on the road. 10ft, low bridge, and such at each end. Looks like he was exceeding the 45 mph.

0F10F4C8-4976-4974-975B-DA03E71D120F.jpeg

He wasn't speeding!!! While driving he was on his phone looking up "bridge heights" in your area???:rofl:

I find it curious that the trailer manufacturer had the foresight to install ladders on the underside of the trailer so that you can climb up whenever you run into a bridge. AMAZING!!!:lol:

The driver probably read the height sign but didn't know how tall the load was.

What state is that in. That may be part of the new bridge safety regulations department of Chicago and what you see there is the new, old bridge support system.

What state is that in. That may be part of the new bridge safety regulations department of Chicago and what you see there is the new, old bridge support system.
Tenesee I think. That's where the OP lives, 10 blocks away from the bridge .

seen this on one of the trucking sights im on. seems to happen every other day now! he had to be flying to fold up that container like that!! the pic i saw was looking down at bridge from the air, the rails bridge and all jerked bout 3 foot offline! where i come when you top out a trailer or lay one over your driving days are over, pretty much blackballed! nowadays he won't even lose this job if he passes a drug test! and if he does lose his job swift or us express hire him next week!
PXVK5t6JltszU5jkkbh3OM40pcqPOkCVQEVq0t_Lba4LtJFgO-eKc7CAYE1xhbqmfQKz-mCzg&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

Last edited:
I remember one morning going to work in St. Louis going east on Hwy 40 about 4:30 in the mourning ( not light yet) and luckily no traffic. I was coming up to an overpass and noticed something in the roadway in the dark. Some dump truck driver must have had the bed up and didn't know it went under the overpass took off his dump bed . Left it lay in the road and no truck around. I bet that was a fun ride that early in the mourning for him.

I remember one morning going to work in St. Louis going east on Hwy 40 about 4:30 in the mourning ( not light yet) and luckily no traffic. I was coming up to an overpass and noticed something in the roadway in the dark. Some dump truck driver must have had the bed up and didn't know it went under the overpass took off his dump bed . Left it lay in the road and no truck around. I bet that was a fun ride that early in the mourning for him.

That happened a few yrs. back in Tulsa, was a city driver in a city semi dump truck.
I used to work a few miles past the old turnpike entrance to OKC, almost every week a semi would turn over from taking the last curve too fast from the west direction of I244 to the southern direction headed towards the turnpike.
I think all that I saw when the news reported it was "all" younger drivers. They seem to think the trucks will run and corner !

seen this on one of the trucking sights im on. seems to happen every other day now! he had to be flying to fold up that container like that!! the pic i saw was looking down at bridge from the air, the rails bridge and all jerked bout 3 foot offline! where i come when you top out a trailer or lay one over your driving days are over, pretty much blackballed! nowadays he won't even lose this job if he passes a drug test! and if he does lose his job swift or us express hire him next week! View attachment 1715293169

That actually looks like the same place I posted. Was it in Maury County TN?

Good there wasn't a train there.
Yep, there was a garbage truck ran under one like that in Shepardsville ky. Back in the 90's and derailed the train. It was transporting some bombs to Ft. Knox and they had to evacuate the town. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

If you look at the pic the OP posted, it appears that the roadway could be dropped more than a foot to help get rid of that problem. Rumor has it that a TN State Trooper showed up, and asked the trucker in a smartass tone if he was stuck. The trucker replied "Hell no! I was just hauling this bridge and my truck broke down!

:rofl:

-
Back