Durability upgrades

-

elitesrock2

Reaction score
So I've got a 340 i'm gonna put together for my 69 dart drag car. I picked it up as a poor combo and tore it apart to find a bunch of metal shavings and such in the oil so i'm gonna correct its issues and make it run like it should and correct the poor combo of parts it had (269/276 at .50 solid roller with smog heads kinda setup). What I wanna know is how i can make this engine last and take high rpm abuse. The camshaft is a Comp RX302s solid roller 302/309 advertised 269/276 at .050 and .655 lift. running harland sharp 1.5 ratio rockers.
shows the rpm range to be 4500-7500 rpm. What kinda oiling system mods are recommended for 7500+ rpm and also what style bearings work best for this. I've always ran clevites in what i've owned but wanna know if maybe theres something thats better out there. Will run edelbrock performer rpm heads with hughes full cnc work they claim will flow to 650hp worth of mixture. have a forged crank, forged 4340 h beam rods, ross 2618 pistons. Gonna also run a main stud girdle as the mains have already been studded. 8 qt oil pan. Also what oil do you guys recommend for this kinda use? granted that is a very biased question but I'm looking at amsoil as i know a dealer.

What kind of oiling mods needed for a solid roller?

Search the screen name Guitar Jones. He has a good sticky thread in this. ---> Any one interested in the oiling mods I did?
Otherwise.......
"The MoPar Performance engines books detail it all for you."

Hughesengines CNC BM heads are under fire here.
Read here---> Missed on this combo?

Brad Penn for brake in.

Nobody races dynos... The next one may be 20 hp higher or lower.

-
Back