Duster hood black out

-

41husk

Reaction score
Was that hood black out done in flat black, gloss, semi gloss, or something else. Has anyone put the 340 Wedge hood decal on with twin hood scoops? Thanks!

find that guy with the hamtramick registry thing he can help you

Aways did mine in semi gloss. Or matte finish because flat tends to fade and gets chalky. Just my opinion of course :)

Body guy just went thru hell to get mine looking right. First attempt was with one of the flattening agents mixed into regular clear, came out very spotchy. Second was with a "flat" clear of some sorts, was anything but flat. Ended up using Eastwoods rat rod thinned out a bit. Looks real good, no shine to it but it has a smooth finish. Just have to remember to lift it while waxing the car.....Was told that Harley Davidson has a flat black that looks real good, can be cleaned easily. Can only imagine how much $$$ they want for it.....

It was called black organasol paint....any painted blackout treatments got this paint......a guy was selling it back in the 80s in Hemmings I believe......Not sure if it is available anymore......I still have a quart

Just didn't want to get mistaken identity. No hostility. Excellent link everyone should bookmark1

I used Raven Black with no hardner.....turned out super dark and flat....but am learning it's gonna be a b*tch to keep clean.

Attachments

• hood.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 452
Body guy just went thru hell to get mine looking right. First attempt was with one of the flattening agents mixed into regular clear, came out very spotchy. Second was with a "flat" clear of some sorts, was anything but flat. Ended up using Eastwoods rat rod thinned out a bit. Looks real good, no shine to it but it has a smooth finish. Just have to remember to lift it while waxing the car.....Was told that Harley Davidson has a flat black that looks real good, can be cleaned easily. Can only imagine how much $$$ they want for it.....
Sure would love to see a picture! I want to do mine.Pic Please!!

I asked the body shop to mine in a "30% Gloss" Black...and here is what I got...

vbpgimage.php

Hey,I just painted a six pack hood a couple days ago for my Duster. I used Eastwood Hot Rod Satin Black single stage paint. Think it came out great for shooting in a dirty garage. Heres aome pictures.

Butch

Attachments

• DSC02893 (Medium).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 482
  • DSC02895 (Medium).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 357
  • DSC02899 (Medium).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 331
thanks for the links and pics. Did the bottom of the hood get painted black or body color from the factory?

no one on the A body forum knows what color the back side of the 71 340 black out hood was ????? maybe it's just me but I find that hard to believe!!!

-
Back