Duster Lower Quarter Pics

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Can I get some really good pics of an original Duster Lower drivers quarter. I am trying to make my own patches and the curve just doesn't seem right. My car is a 72 but I don't think it matters. Thanks guys.

Don't know if this will help, but here is my 73

Trucks and car 007.jpg

That shows pretty much what I needed. I am making the curved parts to rounded and short. I need to make it a little more sweeping and a tighter roll on the bottom. Thanks Poppabear.

you are welcome, I can take some more tomorrow and post them if you like

The roll on the bottom edge, how tight it is. Could I use a broom handle to get it close? Or is it bigger then a broom?

Ok I think it close now.

hmmmmmm, looks CLOSE but not quite right I would say, it almost looks like you need to bring the bottom of the patch in towards the trunk pan.

It kind of looks like the body line has disappeared like the patch is to straight up and down "boxy" I guess.

and I think the roll on the bottom of the pan is too abrupt ...needs to be more of a gradual role and shaped almost like a J when done.

Just my observation ,I may be off though so take a look at other opinions.

The lower body line is about an inch above the top of the patch but the surface rust makes it blend in, and the bottom is about the same curve as a broom handle then I flattened it out a little. I tried to keep it under the body line so I wouldn't loose it after I weld it in. I plan on flanging the patch under the quarter so my fill goes done instead of up if that makes sense.

The lower body line is about an inch above the top of the patch but the surface rust makes it blend in, and the bottom is about the same curve as a broom handle then I flattened it out a little. I tried to keep it under the body line so I wouldn't loose it after I weld it in. I plan on flanging the patch under the quarter so my fill goes done instead of up if that makes sense.

hmm,not sure...something just does not look right... might just be me I guess.

Looks good,just a little off somewhere...having trouble pin pointing it without something to reference it to.

I too think it is a little "flat" but I have to do some final shaping and a little filler work so I can make it work from there I think. Here is the roll on the bottom Thanks for the input

Lower quarter patch attempt #1 003.jpg

No problem...I think you have a great starting point either way.

Just some minor tweaking and some filler work and I dont see why you could not pull it off.

Good luck!

I'm planning on getting started on this project soon for my 72, now that I have access to a machine shop and my car on hand. I was planning on making templates off of the good side of my car. I was just going to build a rack of vertical cardboard sheets, parallel to each other and set a fixed width apart, about 3" I think. Then I would just cut out the pieces of cardboard to match the curve at that point. When (haha, if?) I build that I'll post the files for those templates.

-
Back