Duster or dart sport?

-

GEO

Sarcasm Inc.
Reaction score
Go to 2:13 and see if you can tell which it is?

Looks like a duster to me

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL1d7QmGDo8&index=1&list=FLnyFdJ0yvWD1JAvFVNZKqrw"]beverly hills cop 1, cigarette truck chase - YouTube[/ame]

It's definitely a Duster, but the grille looks more like a '73-'74 version. It also doesn't have any bumper guards (big ones when they had them) which seemed to be seen more often on the later Dusters (which had smaller ones).

hard to tell. it isn't a real clear picture. almost looks to have a dart sport beak on it..

hard to tell. it isn't a real clear picture. almost looks to have a dart sport beak on it..

X2. Looks like the 75 Dart Sport I used to own.

What is up with the car across the street from the green Ford Granada? The rear is extremely high off the ground. I never noticed that when I watched the movie. It's almost like they set it up for a stunt that never happened.

What is up with the car across the street from the green Ford Granada? The rear is extremely high off the ground.

your not kidding that is high..lol

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 155
It almost looks like it has a Duster stripe on it, unless it's just the lighting. EDIT - Ok, it was the lighting in a few frames - no stripe.

I was also trying to tell if the front wheelwell opening tapers back towards the door (Dart) or is somewhat straight down (Duster). There is a frame or two just as the truck hits it and the car starts to be turned into the tree. But it is difficult to be sure.

All you have to do is stop the vid when the truck starts to come around the corner, it's very clear the car has a "beak".

Then again, maybe not, lol. I just looked again, now I ain't sure.

I'm thinking that even though a Dart has a big beak, it is "blended" into the hood and wouldn't be as obvious as the Duster, which has a "short" beak, but more pronounced from the front because the leading edges are flatter and taller.

Attachments

• 1098742_600.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 155
  • 157_main_f.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 164
My guess would be a '75 Dart Sport with the front bumperettes missing.

-
Back