-
Status
Not open for further replies.

paintman69

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi guys. I have a 74 Duster and am in desperate need of a proportional valve for the brakes. I have disc on front and drum on rear and are factory. Any ideas what I could use and where to get one? I have looked around my area and have had no luck. I dont think I need an adjustable one, but at this point something is better than nothing. :dontknow:

Thanks guys. Hey cudacrazy.... you have any pics? Is it still operational? I am interested. Thanks,
Chris

Did you find one yet? I might have a stock one and if I don't I think another guy here in Winnipeg I knoq should have one. I'm also about 90% sure that I also have a wilwood adjustable one kicking around if I looked.

still works. i will get pics tomorrow. very clean part. 5;00 am comes early here. ill send pics around 5;00pm . thanks,mike.

I have one from a Volare. Very similar to what went on a 76 Duster, except the 76 Duster one was cast iron. This one's all brass. $55 shipped in the USA, PM if interested.

Attachments

• prop1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 467
here is some pics,let me know,thanks,mike.

Attachments

• 100_0214.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 478
  • 100_0215.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 477
Mother Mopar had a one fits all attitude with proportioning valves and as a result most all A bodies have suffered from less than perfect front to rear proportioning, even when new.
This usually results in the rear locking up and causing the vehicle to want to spin like a top. Use of an adjustable proportioning valve inserted in the rear brake line allows you to fine tune the rear brake lockup threshold, making the car far more controllable under hard braking. Depending on what you start with you may, or not, need to "gut" the proportioning valve section of the distribution block to make it work properly.

Summit's house branded one was the least expensive one I found the last time I bought one, but there's been lots of new products put on the market since then.

I have a brass one from a 75 Duster with disc brakes. It's cleaned and painted and has the lines to the master cylinder still attached. $75 shipped to your door.
aprovalve.jpg

aprovalve1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back