duster rear disc brakes

-

fivefivem

Reaction score
just installed wilwood rear disc brakes on my 70 duster. rear brakes are draging and getting hot. i have the stock mastercylinder etc. did not have this problem with the drum rear. i have wilwood disc on the front with a proportioning valve also. anyone have any idea why my new rear disc are dragging.? rear wheels turn freely with car jacked up. can pump brake pedal several times and rear wheels won't turn by hand? thanks for any help, mike

ok-i assume i have the stock mopar m/c as i did not put the disc on the front-they were already on the car when i bought it. but when i put the disc on the rear-i created the problem by not changing the m/c?

If the front/ rear bias (proportioning) is OK, you COULD remove/ destroy the residual valve in the master

master.jpg

If yours originally had front disc, there will only be one valve in the front section which feeds the rear (drum) brakes. For rebuild, "they" used to give you a little sheet metal screw in the kit. You threaded the screw into the fitting, and used a claw hammer to extract the seat and valve parts

On my 67, which now has 4 wheel disc, I'm actually using the original all drum cylinder. I just stuck a nail deep into the master fittings to puncture the residual valve rubbers

thanks for the reply. i do not know if my car had disc on the front originally. it already had wilwood disc on the front when i bought it. brakes worked fine. i just added the wilwood rear disc set up and now i have the problem.

got two cars with front and rear Strange disc...using aftermarket Mopar master cylinder...and using stock proportioning valve.

13" wildwood fronts,dr.diff 12" cobra rear,dr.diff master,factory prop valve.

-
Back