Dynamat on roof interior yes/no?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Is dynamat okay to stick to the roof interior or will it eventually come down if baked in the sun?

I wanted to use up my remaining dynamat but if it's not good to use there are there any other suitable alternatives to dynamat?

I've used the reclaimed foam carpet padding before, also used some closed cell foam (a lot thinner) the main thing is something lightweight and real good adhesive! (also, make sure the paint on the inside of the roof is not peeling, otherwise your insulation will stick to the paint and just pull the paint off.

I used a few strips of RAAMmat on my roof. I, too, was concerned about whether it would come loose in the sun. The manufacturer said not to worry and I haven't detected any problems. Don't know why Dynamat would be any different. I did apply a coat of ZeroRust paint on the roof to give me a smooth, "clean" surface first. There was the normal light surface rust and old cotton insulation fuzz/glue before.

If you have a perforatered cloth headliner you may notice silver through the holes if you look closely.

raammat02img.jpg

I installed fatmat to my ceiling over the winter. The stuff is really sticky, but we will see once it bakes in the summer sun.

Hushmat, Dynamat, Lizard skin, etc on the ceiling is a definate go!

It sticks real well once it warms up.....trust me, I tried to remove and reposition some once it set and, well....lets just say the hushmat won that battle. The trick is to use a hair dryer when you install so you can manipulate it and then set the glue.

Makes a huge diff on how quiet your car will be.....solid feeling and tight.

Mop

100_2044w.jpg

-
Back