dyno clip..I think I finally got it

-
opps, sorry. 330 hp@ 5800 rpm's...336 ft pound of torque

i don't have the cam specs because I bought into this project and the motor was all back together. the builder has the cam number for me but i haven't got that from him yet. I know it is .030 over with 10:1 pistons. X heads. 750 cfm holley with vac secondaries. he did tell me the cam is fairly radical.

How much time did you have on the dyno, and what did it cost? You really have me thinking of putting my 383 on one!

this dyno run was part of an engine breakin with my builder. He put about 30 minutes on the cam breakin and then did 2-3 pulls with it. Cost me $200. It takes some time to set the motor up on the cart. I had my 454 BBC done last year, different builder but still part of total rebuild. That one was $400.

Those are outstanding numbers.Those X heads must have some serious work done to them.My 380 horse crate motor made 342hp at the wheels.Thats with an MSD,roller rkrs & TTI headers.The dyno guy said thats about 425-430 at the flywheel.Sweet Cuda by the way.here's a shot of mine.

BlueBomb 1.jpg

Do you really think those are "outstanding numbers"? I guess we expected about a hp per cube. We didn't really do anything radical to the heads.

You have a lot more than 1 hp per cube.You have to remember that figure is at the wheels.When you add the loss through trany & rearend,it makes the number between 20 & 25% higher.Add 20% to your number & see what you get.That is your approximate power at the flywheel.330 hp at the wheels is very good for a mild smallblock.At our car club dyno challenge I beat a hemi & several 440's.

i dont think that's his HP at the wheels though, theyre just dyno'ing the engine in that video so it wouldnt be 330 HP at the flywheel. At 330 he has just barely under 1 HP per C.I., and im assuming its a 340, if its a 360 its less. Cudax4 said his dyno guy told him he has 425-430 HP at the flywheel, he has a 360 so thats around 1.2 HP per C.I. With that 20% calculation, 427 at the flywheel does come down to 342 at the wheels. So 330 at the flywheel would be around 264 at the wheels, which still isnt all that bad

(just reposting to because i cant edit it anymore) i dont think that 330 is his HP at the wheels though, theyre just dyno'ing the engine in that video so it would* be 330 HP at the flywheel. At 330 he has just barely under 1 HP per C.I., and im assuming its a 340, if its a 360 its less. Cudax4 said his dyno guy told him he has 425-430 HP at the flywheel and roughly 342 at the wheels, he has a 360 so thats around 1.2 HP per C.I. With that 20% calculation, at 427 HP at the flywheel does come down to 342 at the wheels. So 330 at the flywheel would be around 264 at the wheels, which still isnt all that bad

-
Back