Dyno day! How much power?

-
You all give the 8-1/4 a huge disservice.
It’ll hold no problem. If yours is in good shape, your golden. That isn’t a lot of hp to throw at it. Go another 150hp and then start thinking.

You all give the 8-1/4 a huge disservice.
It’ll hold no problem. If yours is in good shape, your golden. That isn’t a lot of hp to throw at it. Go another 150hp and then start thinking.

You think it could handle 430 ft lbs?

I know you and Rusty both have been in this game a long time and the knowledgeable members on this forum have never steered me wrong so I may give it a shot.

gotcha
i totally misunderstood that post, i thought you had inquired about it and were pondering the price at the time
that wouldhave put the turn around at 8 days...but 6 months is closer to what im used to

I am wrestling with myself over that very question. Do I take my chances with the 8 1/4 and slicks? Or do I keep it off the track until I get a new rear end under it? I REALLY need to let the bank account recover from this before going out and buying a rear end and I also really want to drive the car this summer.

IF it breaks, it breaks.

You planned on replacing it anyhow.

IF it breaks, it breaks.

You planned on replacing it anyhow.

I also want to be able to cruise the car and not spent more money on the car lol

I have a while before I worry about that though. I still need to get the disc brake swap done and get the new converter in.

9.5” slick, 727 and I’m having a converter built but if I had to guess I’ll say he goes with a 3500. Gears are 3:55.

In a perfect world you need a 3800 convertor. 3500 puts you in the ball park. You'll be happy with either of them. A 9.5" or 10" diameter will likely be the size you end up with.

In a perfect world you need a 3800 convertor. 3500 puts you in the ball park. You'll be happy with either of them. A 9.5" or 10" diameter will likely be the size you end up with.

I’m going to call Dynamic converters and have the make the call.

making 405 torque at 3500 , a 10" with 3500 stall is plenty. with a 9.5" slick I think the 8.25" will be good for awhile.

I could shoot an axel out the side.

Without diggin through the internet, how many c clip axles have YOU PERSONALLY seen do some stupid soundin **** like that? Me? A big fat ZERO.

Without diggin through the internet, how many c clip axles have YOU PERSONALLY seen do some stupid soundin **** like that? Me? A big fat ZERO.

I have no idea. This year I saw one but it’s not super rare. I’ve never seen it happen with a mopar though.

bingo.

all those gm 10 bolts are the reason 90% of the population thinks you have to replace your axle with ford 9".

Seen it happen on several GM 12 bolts. The C clip is the weak area. Of course, that was back in the day when the GM guys would live with wheel hop. That's what killed most of them.

bingo.

all those gm 10 bolts are the reason 90% of the population thinks you have to replace your axle with ford 9".

And many people have successfully raced with 10 bolt rears. With some DIY modification they can be made to work hold up. They weigh less than a 12 bolt and take less HP to run.

And many people have successfully raced with 10 bolt rears. With some DIY modification they can be made to work hold up. They weigh less than a 12 bolt and take less HP to run.

dont be draggin me into this, im not racing with no chebby parts

:poke:

-
Back