Dyno day! How much power?

-
431hp 415tq

Flip those numbers around.

8F70C568-BD42-4C84-AFB2-D62D4FA7FB9E.jpeg

I was wondering why the HP guesses were higher than the TQ.
That's very modern engine number format.

On another note- there's your 400HP recipe.

Does Ted Kammer still have his bronze 70 Hemi Challenger?

Why two lines on the graph? Represent two consecutive pulls on the dyno? Any changes/tuning from one to the other (assuming two attempts)?

Over 400 ft lbs @ 3500 rpm? Yup, that's gonna be a NICE street engine! Good luck to your tires!

Ahhhhh Shucks! I was off by 5 hp, dammit!

For my own kicks and giggles, what what the total $ start to finish, if you don't mind me asking? engine, dyno, labor, new parts, etc.

For my own kicks and giggles, what what the total $ start to finish, if you don't mind me asking? engine, dyno, labor, new parts, etc.

$5500. I probably would have been better off going with one of your strokers but that’s water under the bridge. I am a fan of your engines and what you guys do but I also enjoy helping out the small shops.

I went to HS with the Kammer boys.

Ted had that Challenger and his brother Scott had a 69 A12 Super Bee in B5.

That car got T boned in the Valley Plat neighborhood when an old lady ran a stop sign in while he was driving in a "spirited" manner.

I went to HS with the Kammer boys.

Ted had that Challenger and his brother Scott had a 69 A12 Super Bee in B5.

That car got T boned in the Valley Plat neighborhood when an old lady ran a stop sign in while he was driving in a "spirited" manner.

They seem to know their mopars that’s for sure.

$5500. I probably would have been better off going with one of your strokers but that’s water under the bridge. I am a fan of your engines and what you guys do but I also enjoy helping out the small shops.
You did fine! and you had heads to re-use, nothing wrong with how you went about it! i was just curious! thanks for throwing the number out there!

You did fine! and you had heads to re-use, nothing wrong with how you went about it! i was just curious! thanks for throwing the number out there!

Never understood why guys hide that number. You aren’t helping anyone by keeping it a secret. Even if you get burned it will let other guys know to stay away from that shop.

I got a feeling my 8 1/4 isn’t going to hold up with slicks.
I've got a very similar build going on, just with ported Magnum heads. While I was hoping your hp numbers would be higher than what you got (only because I'm sure mine will be a bit lower with iron heads and a slightly smaller cam), it does put down some very respectable torque, and over a wide range. I think that eight and a quarter is going to have its work cut out for it

When's the trip to the track?

I am wrestling with myself over that very question. Do I take my chances with the 8 1/4 and slicks? Or do I keep it off the track until I get a new rear end under it? I REALLY need to let the bank account recover from this before going out and buying a rear end and I also really want to drive the car this summer.

I am wrestling with myself over that very question. Do I take my chances with the 8 1/4 and slicks? Or do I keep it off the track until I get a new rear end under it? I REALLY need to let the bank account recover from this before going out and buying a rear end and I also really want to drive the car this summer.
Maybe keep the slicks off of it until the new rear end is *ready* to go under the car, and then put the slicks on and try it with that 8 and a quarter. For science...

Maybe keep the slicks off of it until the new rear end is *ready* to go under the car, and then put the slicks on and try it with that 8 and a quarter. For science...

I could get some decent $$ out of a sure grip 3:55 8 1/4. I don’t think I could get as much for one that’s puked it’s guts out all over the drag strip.

i ran 12.0's at 114 mph with my 8-1/4'' with slicks for 4 seasons with zero problems in a 3800 lbs Aspen.

a friend used his 8-1/4'' for 6 seasons running 11.50's at 3200 lbs in his Aspen.

i'm not saying yours will hold up, just telling you from my experience.

I could get some decent $$ out of a sure grip 3:55 8 1/4. I don’t think I could get as much for one that’s puked it’s guts out all over the drag strip.

You think you're gonna puke an 8.25 with that? Ain't happenin.

-
Back