dynomax vs. dynomax ...

-

65-440

Reaction score
Ok, i am about to utilize the dynomax 90 day sound guarantee. Going to be saying goodbye to the really quiet super turbo's and installing some ultra flow s/s polished mufflers (17283), or ultra flow welded (17219). Can anybody tell me the sound difference ? How much louder are they ? Im sure some of you have heard all ! ... Thanks

i like the ultraflow welded.nice deep idle.good exhaust note,but imo quieter and less raspy than flowmaster 40's.

I run ultra flows on my car. Just a tad louder then super turbos but zero back pressure. Love em...

I installed Ultraflows on my car this past year to replace some Flowmaster 50s. I made the change primarily because the Ultraflows have far less backpressure than the Flowmasters and are actually a bit less raspy / harsh sounding. I like the more mellow tone and the decreased back pressure is significant. The only issue I have run into is that I now have an irratating harmonic drone at 3200-3400 rpm. I also installed an H pipe at the same time so I'm not sure if the H pipe or the mufflers is causing the drone but it is quite anoying.

my 3'' ultra flows did sound real nice for about 2000 miles now the baffles let go and now they rattle and sound like **** and it never ever backfired either. but i will be buying 2 more the same this winter.

Hmmmmm

I didn't think the Super Turbos were that quiet, at least
mine aren't.
they arent silent, but if i can hear my rad fan spinning when i rev it ... exhaust is too quiet ! i do appreciate to lack of noise on long trips, but doesnt happen often enough to worry about it ..

I run ultra flows on my car. Just a tad louder then super turbos but zero back pressure. Love em...
dude is that your car on youtube ? if it is that sounds awesome !! im getting the ultraflow polished s/s ..

I have the welded ultraflows and they are somewhat quieter than the Flo 40s I had. No drone. I like them.

dude is that your car on youtube ? if it is that sounds awesome !! im getting the ultraflow polished s/s ..

Yes I have videos of the car out on youtube. I also have those same videos on my web site; link in signature.

Swapped out the super turbos for some ultra flows. What a big difference, sounds awesome ! Can actually hear the camshaft hit now, and may just be me but the car feels faster. I thought it felt slower after i put the super turbos on, but just ignored it thinking i was crazy !

Swapped out the super turbos for some ultra flows. What a big difference, sounds awesome ! Can actually hear the camshaft hit now, and may just be me but the car feels faster. I thought it felt slower after i put the super turbos on, but just ignored it thinking i was crazy !

The 2 1/2" super turbos have 2 1/4" internals. The 2 1/2" super turbo offset-in-center-out is especially restrictive the way the exhaust has to flow around the center out pipe internally. On a mild engine probably not as big of a deal but on higher powered engines it will hold down the power.

Attachments

• SuperTurbo1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 352
-
Back