e-bag is irratating me!

-

floivanus

Reaction score
So, I thought I scored a halfway decent bumper for my 67 off of ebay for $40, seller had shipping agreed said it'd be a flat rate 19.99 UPS shipping, and now, a week after i "won" he contacts me to say that the shipping will actually be $38 and he never checked?!?!

I'm thinking of asking for a refund and waiting on a different bumper or something, it's only driver quality, what do you guys all think? do I go for it, (he only wants another ten) or walk and wait?

I know what you mean. I just won a carb from a guy but he wants 50 bucks shipping and he's in the province right next to me!!:angry7:

yeah, I put a request in the classifieds section, hopefully someone has one and can be realistic with it. I just need something bumper-ry, I may just get one of them 1980s box bumpers if it comes to it!

I sell stuff on ebay alot an I've screwed myself several times cause I quote a fixed price for shipping then it ends up much more... MY LOSS .. and the guy you bought from should eat it too!! Just my opinion...

I sell stuff on ebay alot an I've screwed myself several times cause I quote a fixed price for shipping then it ends up much more... MY LOSS .. and the guy you bought from should eat it too!! Just my opinion...

Yep, he should eat it. I sold some Cordoba embems to a guy in New Zealand and figured the package woiuld weigh less than a pound (and priced accordingly). Wrong! 2 oz over and bumped it into the next price bracket. Couldn't loose the 2 oz no matter how I tried so I ate it.

GUYS....if you list a fix price for shipping WITHOUT DOING YOUR HOMEWORK that is not the fault of the buyer.....quit whining and pony up ...its your auction!!
IF you buy something and the guy selling it listed the price of shipping ....EBAY will tell him, you listed it for N$ you advertised it for N$ he bid & won NOW YOU SEND IT for N$ plain & simple....you can hold his feet to the fire if you want to be that way. Shipping goes up almost daily these days....a good solution is to split the difference
my 2 cents

I'm going to assume neither you or the seller has enough experience in part shipping.
Many of us would have known 20 bucks to ship a bumper can't be correct.
Surcharges occur when the shippers size standards are exceeded.

This is part of the reason I don't like ebay. When you list an item, it demands that you put in a shipping price. That's aweful hard to do when you don't know where the part is going. Also, if you don't change it every time, you may accidentally put a lower shipping price than intended in the auction. This is just the tip of the iceberg for problems. Between the high fees and the high shipping rates these days, it's nearly impossible to sell anything and make a profit there, or at least make it worth the time and trouble to sell.

Lately I have had a two deadbeat sellers with supossed shipping problems, big waste of my time.

i just got in a bind lately with someone one here that i sold rims to.. i used ups shiiping caculator, and it was of by i think more than 15 a rim, and i sold the so cheap that it never even covered shipping. the bad part was that i did not have the funds to cover it right away, and had to wait till i got paid.. then ups messed up the shipment 2 x's. i ate the cost

we all are only human.
i too would just split it with the guy, it was a error.

from not on, when i ship stuff,,,,,, i live on the east coast, and when i get a shipping quote, i get it quoted as it is being sent to the west coast.

Thats exactly what you do calulate shiping to the farthest place in the 48 and if it comes in less your a good guy.

If I misquote shipping on eBay I always eat the difference. I always also make sure to clarify that my shipping quotes are only for the continental US and all others may be more...

From central Canada shipping via small package air mail to the USA is as follows: up to 249 grams- $6.94. 250 t0 499 grams-$9.21. 500 to 999 grams-$14.29. After that the parcel goes by 'expedited' or ground mail and costs go up according to weight and size of box.

The bottom line is that he should eat the shipping no questions asked. If he refuses then you can definately go through Ebay and/or paypal and get your money back but you obviously dont get the bumper. $40 for a bumper, even in driver condition, seems EXTREMELY cheap to me so even if you and the seller split the difference on shipping you still get the bumper way cheaper than you probably would end up spending anyways. Ultimately its your decision, let us know what happens.

The last time I bought of ebay was a circus. I bought a timing light from a1 hawk from Portland Oregon. I paid the buy it now price with extra shipping charge to be shipped by USPS now keep in mind that in their ad that they state this is the way they ship to Canada because of UPS handling charges. I wait the normal 3 to 4 weeks for the light to arrive then one morning the UPS van appears with the light and $57 in handling charges. I refuse the package and e-mail the sender who cannot understand what happened and will get back to me. Then 3 weeks later they e-mail me that they cancelled the transaction because of UPS charged them $20 return fees and it is so hard to ship to Canada! I wait a day so that I don't reply and say something that I shouldn't and respond that we had agreed on the price the cost of shipping and the method of shipping and it was not my fault they messed up on shipping. No response, it seems people have a hard time taking responsibility when they mess up.

I just received chrome wheel nuts from flmopars. I paid him extra to mail them via USPS rather than UPS. There were no extra charges when they were delivered. Next time pay the extra and have it sent via USPS.

-
Back