e-Bay issue

-

matthon

Reaction score
I won an item on e-Bay on the 22nd and sent payment via paypal immediately. It came back as unclaimed due to the seller's unregistered e-mail, (the e-mail address was not the e-mail address that e-Bay had listed for the seller).
So the seller sends me an e-mail from another e-mail address, not through e-Bay, requesting that I send the paypal payment to a third e-mail or by money order. He gave me a last name and an address, and a phone number.
I informed the seller that 3 e-mail addresses is suspicious, and to let me know when this is all sorted out, I will only send payment through e-Bay/paypal.
I sent e-Bay a note, they state they will respond within 24-48 hours and it has been 5 days!
In the meantime, I googled his phone number and found another item listed on e-Bay under another name using that phone number.

Can you have 2 e-Bay accounts/names?

I'm pissed because it is not just some stupid item you can get anywhere, but its not like I got it cheap- I don't know what to do...help!

Go thru paypal, file a complant. The guy is trying to scam the fees on e-bag. At least thru paypal you have some recourse.

I have been selling on ebay since 1997....you are not supposed to have two accounts from the same person....but I can tell you many people do.

My advice would be to make sure you do the payment through PayPal/ebay....that way is something goes south you are covered.

Brian

Two accounts makes me think he uses one to bid up items he is selling on the other. Sounds fishy.

start a complaint with ebay and let them handle it. I had to do that once and they resolved the problem but make sure you don't let the time limit go by or you will be screwed!

I know of a girl that has 3 accounts with around 800 feedbacks on each. Some people do it. Paypal spent a ton of cash purchasing some Israeli company to run security for their transactions, I would give Paypal a shout first.

I know a person who has multiple Ebay accounts and builds up good feedback on them and then sells them to others. There are all sorts of bad people out there trying to get your money!

:director::director:pAYPAL ONLY, PAYPAL ONLY, PAYPAL ONLY, PAYPAL ONLY !!!!!!!!!! I've had problems several times on e-bay, even with buying a car for thousands of dollars,(paid down payment with paypal) and I have always paid with PayPal, and they have ALWAYS taken care of the problem. Believe me, they will pay you back when the seller won't, then go after the seller. Credit cards will do the same thing, but takes alot of time and red tape to get your money back... PayPal is the '"ONLY'" way to pay for anything on e-bay...............:prayer::prayer:

I called e-Bay today, and they were very helpful. She could not give out information on the seller's account, obviously, but I gave her all 3 e-mail addresses and she verified that none of them were registered with e-Bay.
When I told her that the only e-mail I received from the seller was directly to my e-mail, not through e-Bay, she reminded me that the seller would not have that info unless I gave it to them, or they requested it through e-Bay and I would be notified.

Bottom line, she told me if the seller could not correct his own e-mail address with e-Bay, then forget it. She added that if I get a 'mark' from the seller, to call back and they will remove it.

e-Bay people suck- FABO rules!! Some of you guys send me stuff first and ask for payment after I receive it and am ok with it, who does that?

Hey, should I leave negative feedback?

I've never done that before.

It has been 10 days of BS.

What should I put?

I'd leave negative FB cause he sounds like a scammer. I'd put how he's a scammer and tried to get you to send money illegally (it is illegal as far as E-bay rules to send it like he wants).

While I do agree 99.9% of FABO guys are great and a much much higher percentage of E-bay'ers are crooks there are exceptions to the rule. I bought something from a member here once and paid him right away via PayPal and never received it. Several e-mails and PM's to him went unanswered for about a week then his sister (supposedly) e-mailed me and said he was sick and they'd refund the money through PayPal right away. I told her that was fine and hoped he gets better then never heard from her (or whoever it was) again even after I sent numerous e-mails. I filed a dispute with PayPal 3 weeks later and they investigated and ruled that he had no money in his account so basically go suck an egg. PayPal sucks! I now pay only by a credit card. It may take them a month or 2 to figure stuff out but one 3 occasions I have received all my money back from them and one time it was over $900.

Fishy, that sucks but isn`t Paypal linked to their bank accounts? Maybe they have nothing there too.???? I hope you get it resolved, it might be time to lean on Paypal a little bit more to see if they can access their bank account and collect the debt. I guess you could pursue wire fraud charges if you have to.

Fishy, that sucks but isn`t Paypal linked to their bank accounts? Maybe they have nothing there too.???? I hope you get it resolved, it might be time to lean on Paypal a little bit more to see if they can access their bank account and collect the debt. I guess you could pursue wire fraud charges if you have to.

After I opened a dispute PayPal sent me a notice saying they recovered about 2/3 of the money then the next week sent me another notice saying they were taking it back because he had insufficient funds in his account. Funny how it took a week to find that out. If I had known they were going to do that I would have closed my account with them. I sent them a nasty e-mail about the whole situation letting them know how I wasn't happy with their so called resolution center and they said there was nothing they could do. It was less than a hundred bucks so I just let it go.

Update: this guy received positive feedback twice in the last 2 days, so I went back and read the e-mails he sent me. It is consistant every time; never addresses my questions, always states 'his e-mail was changed during the auction' and always ends with 'send payment to my new address.'

When I sell anywhere I directly answer all questions to make the buyer comfortable. And the 'his e-mail was changed' statement takes no responsibility, shouldn't it be "I changed my e-mail"?

e-Bay gave me specific instructions to NOT send payment until the seller had a legit address with them, if he called them they would fix any issues and send me a payment notice, and they told me to send this e-mail to the seller with only the 2 items listed:

e-Bay has provided me with the following instructions:

1) Notify you to call e-Bay directly in order to correct your account and
proceed with this transaction.

2) Once you complete this, e-Bay will notify me to send payment via
e-Bay.

And the response was:

my account is up to date I have receieved 3 emails. no problem I am
going to resell these to someone else

WHAT THE F**K!!
I've tried to send payment 4 times, and each time it was unclaimed due to an unregistered e-mail.
He's got 100% positive feedback, I don't believe it.

None of this makes sense, and I don't want to give negative feedback, but he has done nothing to address my concerns.

Update: this guy received positive feedback twice in the last 2 days, so I went back and read the e-mails he sent me. It is consistant every time; never addresses my questions, always states 'his e-mail was changed during the auction' and always ends with 'send payment to my new address.'

When I sell anywhere I directly answer all questions to make the buyer comfortable. And the 'his e-mail was changed' statement takes no responsibility, shouldn't it be "I changed my e-mail"?

e-Bay gave me specific instructions to NOT send payment until the seller had a legit address with them, if he called them they would fix any issues and send me a payment notice, and they told me to send this e-mail to the seller with only the 2 items listed:

e-Bay has provided me with the following instructions:

1) Notify you to call e-Bay directly in order to correct your account and
proceed with this transaction.

2) Once you complete this, e-Bay will notify me to send payment via
e-Bay.

And the response was:

my account is up to date I have receieved 3 emails. no problem I am
going to resell these to someone else

WHAT THE F**K!!
I've tried to send payment 4 times, and each time it was unclaimed due to an unregistered e-mail.
He's got 100% positive feedback, I don't believe it.

None of this makes sense, and I don't want to give negative feedback, but he has done nothing to address my concerns.

It sucks when dope heads do stuff like that. If somebody did me this way I wouldn't worry about it and give him negative feedback he deserves. By the way did you ever mention to him you were going to give him negative FB if he didn't straighten things up?

I never mentioned that I would give negative feedback.
I told him:
this shouldn't be this difficult
I would only send payment through e-Bay so it is guaranteed
I would not send payment through just paypal
I would not send a money order
I told him each of the 4 times I sent payment it did not go through because his e-mail was unregistered
e-Bay informed me to not send a payment to him until he called them to straighten his account out and I received a payment notice from e-Bay
- all multiple times.
Each time in return I got- "Send payment to my new address, if that doesn't work, I will relist them."

I was going to send 1 more e-mail, but e-Bay told me to send the last one and nothing else.

He also never told me how he got my e-mail, I never gave it to him and e-Bay or paypal didn't either.

"Your account is messed up, your e-mail is unregistered, I cannot send payment," and "Just send payment to this other address or a money order," is not a conversation.

Is it ok to give out screen names?
Since he has not had negative feedback since 2004, not everyone is unhappy.

Heck ya its ok, let us know about a bad seller save us the trouble! I had an Issue with a seller who voided my bid since it was a winner at 99 cents His screen name was RamJamStuff. He messed with you he messes with everyone here! lol best way to hurt them is to boycott and not buy from them.

-
Back