E-Body 8 3/4

-

PlumCrazyDuster

Reaction score
hey guys im lookin at an E body 8 3/4 out of a challenger. i wanna know if itll fit an A body with out cuttin, id say (judging by the size of the cars) theyre close if not dead on. if it wont fit how much needs cut off?

thanks,
Nathan

Nathan I had an E-body rear from a challenger and if I remember correctly it was right at 5 inches wider than my A-body rear. Also the spring perches are at 46" centers so they would have to be cut off and new ones welded on at 43" centers. If you use wheels offset 2-1/2 inches more inward than stock I don't see why the E-body rear wouldn't work as long as you move the spring perches.

I ended up with an e-body rear in my car and was able to make it work. Just moved the perches in. HOWEVER - if I had to do it over again, I would look for an early b-body rear end. It was pretty difficult finding somebody to make a customer wheel with such a large off-set, and in the end I think it limits your wheel choice. B-body rear ends aren't too difficult to find, so if you have the option of looking a bit further, you might give it some time.

So again, if you're stuck and really end up wanting to use the e-body unit, it can be done, but from my experience I would try to find a b-body or actual a-body unit. Maybe research wheel choices before hand?

I have an E Body rear in my dart also.I sent it to moser Engineering to get narrowed and perched for an A Body.Works very well.

-
Back