e-body question

-

spikekid999

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Reaction score
my dads been workin on his 74 challenger. he's been patching up the floors and turned it from an auto to a 4 speed. well he's got the tranny tunnel in, and he needs to know if the center counsol in the 4 speed cars is offset to the drivers side?

Yes the tunnel is definitely to the drivers side. Just attach it where it fits on the left side of the tunnel! I did a 1970 challenger and it worked perfect!

The console is actually right in the centre but the shifter under the console is on the left side!

well he put the counsel right in the middle, but it didnt completely cover the shifter hole in the floor

4 speed consoles had a different shaped cut out area on the side than consoles for an automatic. 4 speed console bases were once hard to find used but someone may repro them now. I have an original one that I've had for years. If I can remember I'll take a pic and post it for you.
Dallas

In a-bodies the console brackets are all welded in the same locations, offset to drivers side. I would think e-body is the same. The a-body console for 4 speed had a bent piece of board with carpet glued on on the drivers side that balooned that side out a little even though the console was offset.

On E bodys you can see the shifter under the console.The console does not really cover it all the way.I think it looks like **** the way the factory did the console and shifters on E bodys.My brother who has a T/A Challenger did not like the look of it either he took his console out and it looks much better.
Jim

ya my dad was lookin through a year one and saw a pic of a counsol in a cuda and it was cut out, so he just cut that area out of his counsol. ive never liked the look of the e-bodys without the counsol, but thats just me

-
Back