E-brake hardware mid-70's 10 by 2-1/2 drum

-

mar-tay1

Reaction score
Getting back to putting my 64 Barracuda back together, after close to 10 years and two moves it's a bit overwhelming. Found every last piece to the 9 inch rear drums it had on it, and after looking and looking I found most of the 10 by 2-1/2 brakes I was going to put on. Missing are the e-brake spreader bars and levers, as well as the self adjuster stuff which I can do without. Being that there is no drive train in it having a parking brake would be good right now. soooo.... looking on line I can't seem to find these parts. Any ideas where i can find them? Thanks!

Getting back to putting my 64 Barracuda back together, after close to 10 years and two moves it's a bit overwhelming. Found every last piece to the 9 inch rear drums it had on it, and after looking and looking I found most of the 10 by 2-1/2 brakes I was going to put on. Missing are the e-brake spreader bars and levers, as well as the self adjuster stuff which I can do without. Being that there is no drive train in it having a parking brake would be good right now. soooo.... looking on line I can't seem to find these parts. Any ideas where i can find them? Thanks!
A simple wanted ad here on FABO might do wonders.

Give us a picture of what you have, tell us what you want to do and we can help with missing parts or advice.

Yeah, we need to know exactly what you have now, as 10 X 2 1/2" brakes don't just swap onto a 7 1/4 with 9" brakes. Backing plates, wheel pattern, hardware, etc. are all different.

0506211403.jpg
0506211403b.jpg
It's an 8-3/4 rear end with large bolt pattern. the picture on the yellow plate are the parts I'm missing. The other is the parts I have. Don't really remember where I was on this it was so long ago. Like I had mentioned I don't know that I care about self adjusters, not an everyday driver. I have Wilwood disks in the front, figured this would be an affordable, easy set up for the rear. Just need to find the missing parts. I have a friend in the SF bay area that was swapping out to disk brakes, but he has his own "life issues" at the moment. He was pushing me toward a rear disk set up, but one of the things I wanted to do was use what I already have, and not spend a mint getting this thing going again. So here I am. Might try listing a WTB ad, thanks for the help!

0506211403b.jpg

Those should be fairly easy to find. B, E, and late A-bodies with 10 X 2 1/2" brakes. Probably even some 1/2 ton Van's use the same stuff.

Those should be fairly easy to find. B, E, and late A-bodies with 10 X 2 1/2" brakes. Probably even some 1/2 ton Van's use the same stuff.
Parts of this vintage are kind hard to source here locally. Have a WTB ad on Facebook market place locally figuring I'd find a horder around here somewhere with a yard full of what I need. Also was told Dakota 10 drum stuff will work, I'll keep looking!

Parts of this vintage are kind hard to source here locally. Have a WTB ad on Facebook market place locally figuring I'd find a horder around here somewhere with a yard full of what I need. Also was told Dakota 10 drum stuff will work, I'll keep looking!
EBay is your friend for finding those parts if the FABO folks don't have them, which would be unusual!

The local junk yard is a good source. I found some on older Jeeps with 10" drums, they worked fine on my Dart.

-
Back