E Curve users - Which Coil

-

moparspares

Reaction score
Hi

What Coil are you running with your E Curve?

I have a digital E curve for my 360 I have an old MSD Blaster 2 P/N 8200 that I had lying around. There is a Blaster 3 P/N 8223 but I cant see much difference between both the coils.

I had to use the blaster 2. Or any oil filled coil.

At first I tried to use a E-coil solid state coil. Would not work. With two different E-curves setups (returned one). At SEMA MSD said to try a oil filled coil. They said something changed in the E-curves and they were not working with E-coils.

Maybe the issue has been resolved. You could try to contact MSD to see if anything has changed to allow E-coils to be used.

The little Blaster SS coil worked so well with the E-curve distributor that I designed a bracket for it. Part number AR307. It is a fairly popular product these days.

Attachments

• AR307b (Large).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 133
The little Blaster SS coil worked so well with the E-curve distributor that I designed a bracket for it. Part number AR307. It is a fairly popular product these days.

No doubt it did.

I bought mine because of your experience with it.

MSD told me at their SEMA booth they changed some things internally with their E-curves and they were not interacting with the SS Coils whereas earlier in production there was not a problem. It's just my experience from three years ago.

I simply switched my SS Coil for a Blaster II and fired up and ran smoothly. Put the SS Coil back on, and it struggled to fire and run. Again, that was three years ago. Hopefully they have updated things to work again with the SS Coils. I'd want to hear from MSD what the current situation is. Or from others that have run SS Coils bought in the last 3 years.

My E-curve with the Blaster II has worked flawless in the last 3 years and 8,000 miles.

-
Back