• Promaxx

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • 440 Source

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Stick to your 452's, and do a little work

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
-
Sorry to ask this question of fornwhich I am sure has been asked if you again and again but do you have motor trend on demand?

BB mopar (440) street/pump gas motor.
Looking for experiences, maybe some have had these come through their shops, etc. At least 450, but maybe 500 HP
THOUGHTS ??

As has been said....... for the proposed application...... any of the 3 heads will get the job done.

Write the 3 choices on a separate piece of paper and put them in a hat.
Reach in, pull out a piece...... which ever choice is on that piece of paper will work just fine.

As has been said....... for the proposed application...... any of the 3 heads will get the job done.

Write the 3 choices on a separate piece of paper and put them in a hat.
Reach in, pull out a piece...... which ever choice is on that piece of paper will work just fine.
In the case then cheapest set would make the most sense $ wise.

Or whichever one was available when you were ready to buy.

That’s often the situation these days.

Of course.......based off what 318w was proposing earlier..... the 452’s might end up as the cheapest option for him....... if low cost is high on the priority list.

Or whichever one was available when you were ready to buy.
For this project, waiting 4-6 weeks for the heads is no problem if it saves me 200 or more. Buying the heads in a few months, most likely. Putting the 440 together this year, maybe but doubtful. Installing it in the truck in 2022, nope. I have too many projects in front of it, plus, more to come with the bombcycle. We just got that in at the end of last year, and really barely made a couple passes.

Many irons in the fire to keep the MoPar flame well stoked. Fun ain’t it?!?! I know the feeling. I have 3 pieces of garbage I enjoy.

Many irons in the fire to keep the MoPar flame well stoked. Fun ain’t it?!?! I know the feeling. I have 3 pieces of garbage I enjoy.
Here is the short list..... of just my "planned car life"... LOL
  • '79 Magnum - motor and tranny work + ??
  • Drag Truck - always ongoing (just went to manual brakes)
  • '74 Duster - the whole "change and challenge" project
  • '76 Duster - I have lots in store for that in 2022
  • 440 - been buying parts - will buy even more parts
  • '77 Van - would like to freshen up the heads - back burner for sure
  • '64 Rambler - it started discharging, minor thing. Most likely will sell that after fix.
  • How many "unknown" projects will arrive.... ?????

Well then, I’d say your about chock full.
My plate:

Here is the list..... a little copy and paste
  • '79 Magnum - motor and tranny work
  • (Same deal -360/727, I neee a trans & converter)
  • ‘71 Drag Duster- an ongoing project in the early stages
  • '73-340-4spd Cuda, placed on hold.
  • Various engines, been buying parts - will buy even more parts, but I think I’m have 95% of everything I need for a few engines.
Then there’s the wife’s car which I’m not interested in touching at the moment. It’s mostly done.

That’s often the situation these days.

Of course.......based off what 318w was proposing earlier..... the 452’s might end up as the cheapest option for him....... if low cost is high on the priority list.
For anyone who has had experience with any (all) or some of these heads, are the advertised chambers close to what is listed ?? As in E- street 75cc and the others 80-4 cc. For those interested in trying to manage compression with out positive deck pistons. You can only surface a reasonable amount. Thanks Swingn’.

As they come ootb, I’d expect them to be within 1-2cc of advertised.

E Streets come in both 75 and 84 cc versions.

-
Back