E3 Spark plugs do work

-

TomMoparMan

Reaction score
I had my rebuilt 526 ci big block dyno'd this weekend. After everything was dialed in I tried a set of E3 plugs. We couldn't hardly believe it. Picked up 18hp just changing plugs. Wanted to let people know I guess their adds are true.

You picked up horse power by installing new plugs. Not because of E3. You would have gotten the same increase with any new plug. Just my 2 cents.

Depending on what cross reference you used, you could have dropped 2 heat ranges with the E3 plug. Their nomenclature is about as daffy as NGK.

How about pics of the plugs?

I have made dyno gains on bikes buy clipping back the electrode and unshrouding the spark.

But I'm surprised to hear of such a gain.

I used the plugs E3 recommended. I don't know how the heat ranges compared to each other. I have nothing to go by. I don't have any pictures but the E3's definetly have a different looking electrode on them. We where surprised at the hp gain also.

Hey Tom. Big gain with no changes other than plugs.

What were the hp and tq numbers before and after.

Tom's Duster run's 8.80's @ almost 150. He has been racing this car for decades. A original 360/auto car that morphed into a serious race contender.

Big bite!
1618547_280472632102867_1774693259_n.jpg
086.JPG

G damn guys, he changed to E-3 and gained 18 HP whats the problem, Someone changes any other part on the motor and makes and HP increase and its happiness all around. From the looks of things the guy knows his way around a motor.

Jeff

I'm curious numbers cause the higher the hp the easier it is to get those numbers by optimizing the electric side of the build. 18 hp gain from stock motor is not likely to happen unless their was a fowled or faulty plug which he stated is not the case.

G damn guys, he changed to E-3 and gained 18 HP whats the problem, Someone changes any other part on the motor and makes and HP increase and its happiness all around. From the looks of things the guy knows his way around a motor.

Jeff
Yeah, now he just needs to slap the E3 sticker on the side and get paid for it.

Jeff

Ya ok..I got some swamp land for ya..

The only thing I'd be worried about is that big ground electrode heating up and causing detonation.

-
Back