E3 Spark plugs do work

-
Hmmm. I have a 600 HP small block going back on the dyno here real soon. We are using the 5672-8 plugs in it right now. I just got my monthly paycheck from Donald and I think I can spring for some E3's.
So we tried the E3 spark plugs today. Gained nothing in peak horsepower. We did however gain 2.5 lb-ft and 2.0 hp average from 3,000 rpm to 6,000 rpm.

Went from a NGK R5671A-8 to E3.106

I isn't an exact E3 swap. R5672A-8 is the E3.106 projected tip equivalent.

So we tried the E3 spark plugs today. Gained nothing in peak horsepower. We did however gain 2.5 lb-ft and 2.0 hp average from 3,000 rpm to 6,000 rpm.
good info. not worth the $ unless a guy needs plugs to start with, depending on price, maybe not then ! .

Next time I need spark plugs I will have to try them. It will be a good test. Just like trying different gab settings on spark plugs. Just like going to a different ignition box. Thanks for the results.

I've tried the split fires, and the AC rapid fires in the past but nothing was a night and day improvement. So I just went back to a standard plug.

That's how i felt about the spitfire spark plugs from days ago............. i will stick with what i have. if its not broken.....why fix it:poke::D

-
Back