E3 SPARK PLUGS

-

terry

Reaction score
ANYONE EVER USE THESE IN THERE SMALLBLOCK? I THOUGHT I WOULD TRY A SET IN MY 360/380 MAGNUM CRATE. SEEMS LIKE AUTOLITE WORKS WELL FOR ME BUT TOUGHT I WOULD GIVE THESE A TRY

Not sure about the obscuring ground lug, but insulators typically have ribs to increase electrical path, just one at top on E3.

For the price, you could buy a few standard plugs.

I tried Auto lite once and had a compression leak at insulator, instead of crimp they used cement, it was double platinum type.

If Autolites are getting the job done stick with them only brand I use...

It ran better in my lawn mower....

But the carb rebuild may have also helped...

Snake oil. ...and yes I have tried them. They suck.

"Joke" scam super duper "fire injectors" have been around since before I was born (1948) JC Whitney used to sell "fire injectors." I find it difficult to believe they are actually better than a good regular spark plug. In other words, "hype".......Notice this is a 56 Ford.........

312_1452268491A.jpg

"Spark intensifier" from the '20's

vintage,-1921-rentz-lighthouse-visible,-intensifier-spark-plug_172088934234.jpg

Add on "spark intensifiers" Yup. On a Model T Ford

169398.jpg

to much spark shrouding, old racers would cut the strap even with the electrode to avoid shrouding from one strap. but I think you would have to pump a ridiculous amount of power to the plug to take advantage of three straps

My race car partners grandson was sold on the E3 plugs & claimed it would make the IHRA stock eliminator Dakota faster. I made him a bet that if we put them in the truck would slow down. The "fish" that he is, he took the bet & it was for a C note. I pulled the Autolites out & kept them in order. He installed the E3's & his grandfather made 3 passes with them in the truck, it slowed down 2 tenths of a second. We brought the truck back & I made him another bet for double or nothing that if I put the old plugs back in that we would regain the 2 tenths. Again, the fish surfaced & took the bait (bet). Put the old plugs back & picked the 2 tenths back up. I think the boy learned his lesson because he now listens to his grandfather & myself. All of their hype is pure snake oil as described in earlier posts.

I put a set of E3s in my moderately modified 340, and after about 100 miles, I threw them away and put plain old Autolites in. They have always worked well for me.

Last edited:
well I returned the E3 plugs and went back to auto lite. will try the racing plug ar3923 and see how that works. otherwise the 3923 and 3924 seem to work good

-
Back