Eagle or K1 stroker crank??

-

stroker_valiant

Reaction score
I recently cracked my cast Eagle crank, now I am ready to buy a new crank. Eagle or K1, both forged. The Eagle is 680 through Summit, vs. the K1 at 700 bucks. I haven’t personally heard much about the K1, so I am basically asking is there any personal experience out there with the K1?

i havent any personal experience with K1, but I have read MANY positive things about them. I will most likely use their cranks/rods for my next stroker engine. :)

I've used them before in my GM and ford motor with not problems, great quailty. Now, just to add more fuel for the fire, a member out here is giving out 10% discount code from summit to make the eagle cranks even cheaper. Now I didn't use the k1 crank in my 340 but I used a forged eagle crank with their ESP armor and the strongest arp bolt to go with it. Either way both are a good choice same with a forged scat crank.

My engine builder has small block K1 rods for a build.Miked the big ends,perfect.A great product from what I have seen.

I have a Callies Big bucks . If I was to build another stroker I would not use a EAGLE. That is all I can tell you. Its like a helmet for your kid . If he has a $5.00 head you get him a $5.00 helmet.

I am currently looking for a quality 4340 crank myself. Who has the best deal on K-1 stuff?

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6418017&an=0&page=0#Post6418017

copied from moparts...

First off I would like to thank you all for your interest in these cranks. The reason for these and all the cranks I carry is do to the fact that nobody caters to the smallblock MOPAR crowd. I do not sell chevy, ford or even bigblock Mopar cranks. I just don't see a reason that SBM parts should cost so much more than others. Other crank companies don't seem to care well I do! You purchase a crank from me and you get a quality peice at a very good price, that's what I'm about PERIOD. I to buy SBM race parts and understand what it's like. These will at some point be offered in a 360 main but currently only have them for 340s. Yes, these are offshore forgings,(same as K1 with a different Logo) tolerances are +/- .0001". The weight on this crank is about 64 lbs. All BPE cranks are checked here before they are ever shipped to the customer.
Not the lightest out there but I promise you you will not find a crank of this quality or stroke/journal combinations for less. I believe the Callies 4.250" dragonslayer is about $1500. In addition to this one I also have the following in stock.

-Made from 4340 Forgings
-Core Hardened
-Nitrided
-Magnetic Partical Inspected
-Feature Straight Oiling
-Standard 6-Bolt Mopar Flange
-.125" radius fillets throughout

Available in the following Stroke/Journal Combinations:

340 main/2.125"rods-4.00" stroke
360 mains/2.125"rods-4.00" stroke
340 mains/2.100"rods-4.00" stroke
360 mains/2.100"rods-4.00" stroke
340 mains/2.00"rods-4.125" stroke
360 mains/2.00"rods-4.125" stroke

$629.00 +shipping Michigan residents add sales tax

Thanks, already tried C.E. and was told the k-1 cranks are on back order. They only have Eagle in stock.Tried to order through Scat and was told their 4340 cranks are also on back order. It appears vendors are waiting on forgings. May be forced to use the Eagle as they are the only ones currently available.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6418017&an=0&page=0#Post6418017

copied from moparts...

First off I would like to thank you all for your interest in these cranks. The reason for these and all the cranks I carry is do to the fact that nobody caters to the smallblock MOPAR crowd. I do not sell chevy, ford or even bigblock Mopar cranks. I just don't see a reason that SBM parts should cost so much more than others. Other crank companies don't seem to care well I do! You purchase a crank from me and you get a quality peice at a very good price, that's what I'm about PERIOD. I to buy SBM race parts and understand what it's like. These will at some point be offered in a 360 main but currently only have them for 340s. Yes, these are offshore forgings,(same as K1 with a different Logo) tolerances are +/- .0001". The weight on this crank is about 64 lbs. All BPE cranks are checked here before they are ever shipped to the customer.
Not the lightest out there but I promise you you will not find a crank of this quality or stroke/journal combinations for less. I believe the Callies 4.250" dragonslayer is about $1500. In addition to this one I also have the following in stock.

-Made from 4340 Forgings
-Core Hardened
-Nitrided
-Magnetic Partical Inspected
-Feature Straight Oiling
-Standard 6-Bolt Mopar Flange
-.125" radius fillets throughout

Available in the following Stroke/Journal Combinations:

340 main/2.125"rods-4.00" stroke
360 mains/2.125"rods-4.00" stroke
340 mains/2.100"rods-4.00" stroke
360 mains/2.100"rods-4.00" stroke
340 mains/2.00"rods-4.125" stroke
360 mains/2.00"rods-4.125" stroke

$629.00 +shipping Michigan residents add sales tax

Damn that is a good price for a 4340 Crank! I would buy this one if I was in the market.

Hecho en China. Most cranks are made in China and some of the final machining is down here. I believe the reason you spend big bucks on the Callies is because the probably have the Made In USA sticker on the box. That has to say something. I used an Eagle 4340 forged crank in my 340 roller motor and had no problems. Right out of the box it had to go to the crank grinder and both the rods and mains were dusted at .010. Chinese aren't the best machinests.

No disrespect to anyone or their opinions but it is just a matter of time until you guys figure out that I am the only true MOPAR guy producing quality crankshafts at a excellent price for all of us. :banghead:

Rod

Rod--Where you just at Indy--I think i talked to you about getting going on a 5.7 hemi stroker crank--Steve

No disrespect to anyone or their opinions but it is just a matter of time until you guys figure out that I am the only true MOPAR guy producing quality crankshafts at a excellent price for all of us. :banghead:

Rod

LOL..ok ok.., BPE too.:D

Just dont know anyone to have used one YET ..while the k1 I have.

and i dont think anyone here meant any disrespect either.:sunny:

how much, 629?
The site i have found lacks many options..

$629 + shipping. And for the gentleman that mentioned the chinese can't machine quality peices. That eagle crank you have was machined in Mississippi.

Rod

$629 + shipping. And for the gentleman that mentioned the chinese can't machine quality peices. That eagle crank you have was machined in Mississippi.

Rod
Although the machining process is less of an issue than the casting process and quality.

-
Back