Eagles

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
I live near the Illinois river and for the last 5 years or so we have had more and more eagles on the river this time of year.Took a drive the other day to go eagle watching.I saw about 20 eagles all together and 3 hawks.I didn't get any ealge pics.Most of them were flying over the river.I saw one in a tree I got real close to him and he flew off just as I got ready yo take a picture.I did get up close and take a few pics of a nest.I have known about this nest for about 3 years.The nest is just off the main road and in a tree right on the river.I parked the car and got right up to the tree,and the nest looks huge as compared to seeing it just off the road.
Post your eagle pics if you have any.I would love to see a condor in flight one day.

Attachments

• nest 001.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 144
  • nest 002.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 136
  • nest 003.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 147
  • nest 004.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 137
I could watch eagles all day if I could, I watched a video live link last year as the pare of
Eagles awaited there new born and even seen one fly in with a big jack rabbit :cheers:
Getting a picture of one myself will be a great day for sure :glasses7: we have them here on Black river close by and I see them training there yearlings to fly , you can see the adults just above them here on the hill way up in the sky.
That is a great picture of a big nest :cheers: I think they should be getting active gathering food about now to feed there eaglets.. My uncle Robert past away a few years back and his two sons and I went to Brookens access where uncle Robert would take us fishing after the funeral and we seen a full fledged eagle carrying a large fish in his talons not over 30 feet above our heads :angel3: we took it as a sign that Robert was resting and not in pain anymore.... I will never forget that day..:angel3:
We have a large population of bald Eagles here know and I hope to get a great picture of them one day and share this day hear with everyone.
I think the California Condor is the largest American bird of flight :icon_smi: that would be cool to see. Keep an eye on that nest and have a camera ready :glasses7: looks like a dandy one for sure. and thank you for sharing

There are 2 nests a few miles from me. I see them in spring and summer mostly, but a few days ago there were 2 sitting side by side on a branch near the nest. Funny thing though, that nest is close to farm buildings in a cow pasture.

I am so happy to see the eagles have made a strong come back and being protected
Hay Pete :coffee2: if you have time one day snap a picture of the nest and share it with us, I will see if the nest in Corning Arkansas is active this year, it is over water in a tall large
tree that is in flood land off the Black river refuge.
Know that you have seen the pair in the tree holding there nest they are watching over the eggs or
new born, this being mid January I can't remember if they would be hatched yet.
I would guess the pasture is a well protected area where they can see a large amount
of area for hunting and very close to water :coffee2: and when the babies are getting ready for
fight this would be a safe area for the first try at it, the barn would be a great producer
of food, This has got me fired up to make the 40 mile drive and take a look and see what
the nest is doing here on Black river :happy1: This will give me a good day of adventure.

-
Back