Earl's 1971 Dart

-
Previous owner's sons girlfriend..... I think he just kept the insurance money, and sold me the car As-is...... I pretty much started over....stripped her to the Bare metal, Epoxy Primer, Worked, sanded, Blocked, blocked, Black paint Guide coats, and blocked more ...side lines are STRAIGHT !!!!

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

9.jpeg

6.jpeg

10.jpeg

Previous owner's sons girlfriend..... I think he just kept the insurance money, and sold me the car As-is...... I pretty much started over....stripped her to the Bare metal, Epoxy Primer, Worked, sanded, Blocked, blocked, Black paint Guide coats, and blocked more ...side lines are STRAIGHT !!!!

View attachment 1716168758

View attachment 1716168759

View attachment 1716168760

View attachment 1716168761

View attachment 1716168762
Was the keying into the metal? sometimes it leaves a long indentation in the metal. Sure it can be fixed but its alot of work. Why I said "get rid of her" LOL!

Brought her home last night... Not great pics because its almost dark. now to start reassembly..... I got a ton of new stuff incl all emblems, Grill, carpet, Floor mats, New headliner, Dash Pad, and Package tray already installed..... Front seats to get New Covers, Tuff Wheel, New Wood Trim inserts for Dash and Console
12.jpeg

11.jpeg

Started Putting her all back together !!! Car has newer Bumpers, Newer Grill,All New emblems, All new Windshield, Door, & Trunk Rubbers. Has new window Fuzzies & rubbers, and a regulator kit was installed.
_nc_ohc=dG02jajiKHoAX9jBsVm&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=uf9o5UAiHm8AX82ysNO&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=hbiuINZTbMQAX_cierC&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=eHFy057hF7gAX_JaI8n&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=gTyDaEP-ipsAX_R0rl6&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=6EJOC_j-3BcAX-2y5Lu&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

More
progress on the Dart today !! New Holley 750 carb, more emblems and factory decals, got the trim Rings on, Hood Moulding on , Laid
The trunk mat out to flatten out…. Then took her out for a spin !! She runs great !!
_nc_ohc=BXHK6mItS9UAX-Ga3z8&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=ovNULV-WaGEAX8fEgLm&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=t7Oh9rDlUK0AX-mVzUj&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=W3waiaHuquIAX8X4ph9&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=FDXchhEfoR8AX-aB-DK&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=KU_St-MAkmwAX-fNkLb&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=ptCztVPpvp4AX_o0293&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=9aHqL01SWUsAX9E7VuF&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=cUcSUQZphwcAX9LS0pq&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=Z2jgMuQvusgAX9_du_g&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=ntm2RUxTRVYAX-C7qGZ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=sal586dNUAcAX9npxtT&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

Hey Gang,
My daughter had her Baby this month, so I've been on grandpa duty, watching her dog who loves his baby sister, and helping out at her house....but got in the shop today and got some work done on the Dart !!! Finished side emblems, Scoop inserts, 340 script, New antennae base, Nut and new Mast, OUTSIDE IS DONE !!! Pulled Dash parts for refinishing, laid out the shifter parts, linkages etc etc. Put in Sun Visors,Had her on the lift today, will put her back on the other side so I can work better inside the car, and send seats to be recovered. Got New covers from Year One. will drop steering Column, & remove instrument cluster for refinishing. Got a new radio, and new 4x10 stereo speaker coming..
_nc_ohc=WP3RM6JNVEAAX_2nVza&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=PdbeFZv77bEAX_xum3j&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=mJ06MEBBprYAX8iqcgm&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=2MqPap1cUAgAX9sGeiV&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=uCFftlQjEgoAX8tRVGt&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=SD3ag7TJgUkAX8foXKd&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

Moved to the Inside now.... Adding a floor shift, and Console..Got brackets from a donor car welded in and trial fitted..... refinishing dash parts, Seats are at upholsterers getting Fresh Year One covers, Carpet is layed out to flatten...
_nc_ohc=FEHZ0c84jFYAX-4cTeJ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=wdf_m9pnaq0AX-7m3es&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=n2UcFIpeBmAAX8gfQJ1&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=al5XmLJFMmMAX-wEcA3&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=2jocvukB-DYAX-D2p-r&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=qn12vtH8hekAX_pdzHa&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=OKiBLtQU1AUAX-M06sy&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=sD1jozY9GX4AX9C-Cpj&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=yEqPPLJUtooAX_eb4N9&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=anjdsO2KmoUAX98v4BC&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=ZHMDULVB6fwAX9h2BOg&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=VwX4_UelYm8AX-QGIyS&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

Still working on the inside, Got New seat covers from Year one, and got them put on, Finished shifter and console. Got everything trial fitted. Been driving the car some. Went to a fundraiser Cruise for a fallen Greesnboro police officer's family..Sgt. Dale Dix.... ( we are a Police family ). 18 yr old Punk Gunned him down at a Sheetz. He walked up to the car window, and the kid just opened fire. Ruined a Bunch of lives to steal beer to sell for drug money. Been cleaning under the dash, and getting all the lights, Bulbs, etc etc working.... getting ready to drop Steering Column, and pull Inst. cluster. Got new carpet rolled out, etc etc

IMG_4392.jpeg

IMG_4366.jpeg

IMG_4389.jpeg

_nc_ohc=MFmkagK63mEAX-hylcE&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=rHDV830EhccAX8Pmxu3&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
_nc_ohc=h6CFlylPlaMAX_rwVvH&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

So sad to read about the senseless killing of a police officer, the very definition of a selfless profession.

Every time I see pictures of your Dart I'm reminded of the one that got away, keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Senseless action....What is this world coming too. Sorry to the police community for your loss.

Great build and great eye for detail. What sized tires are you running?

-
Back