Early A A/C?????

-

moparmarks

zippindippintie
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Was factory A/C available on the early A's or was it dealer installed only? Can't recall ever seeing it.
Many Thanks.

Dealer or aftermarket AC could have been installed in any early A. This would have been the knee knocker style. Factory integrated heat and AC Where the controls were integrated in the dash and the heat/AC units were mounted under the dash was first available in 65.

EDIT: I am converting my 65 from heat only to the true factory AC style including changing the firewall to the AC firewall. Might not be for the faint-hearted!

There was a '66 barracuda around here for sale that had factory A/C. Had the Airtemp sticker in the window too.

It could have been added by the dealer ; however, it’s not the same integrated heat/AC system they offered in 65 as factory air!

Dealer installed A/C

20150716_192752.jpg

No it is not the same as integral AC but it is factory it is on the option plate and on the original dealer order letter and yes it has an air temp sticker

I think the factory A/C and the dealer installed A/C on the '64 and earlier models were the same setup. I don't remember there having a special firewall like the '65 and up. Just holes punched into it for the hoses and the same non-A/C heater box as the non A/C cars. I have seen different underhood parts between the factory and dealer add-ons though.

-
Back