Early A Big Block Swap

-

66Dartdriver

Reaction score
So is there really not a factory exhaust manifold in all of the big block vehicles that ma mopar made that will work on my 66 if I want to put a b or rb in it and my only solution is a custom built Set of headers? Really? Anybody been there done that..you know checked every manifold ever built to see if it would fit on an early A lol..Any prices on a custom set of headers? Also what fits better B or RB?

the "B" will fit a whole bunch better. the "RB"has the exhaust ports over the frame rails. if the inner fenders are out it's a fairly easy job to build tubular headers.

I cant decide on what motor to replace my slant with. Small block will fit much better but I think a big block stuffed in there would be cooler. just trying to figure out all the pitfalls of it. I wonder how far off a set of headers for a 67 and up abody are?

If you decide to go RB and get headers built before I do, please share some pictures. I'm still working on rear suspension, so I'm still a ways from needing headers. Good luck.

parts and pieces

Attachments

• older Pictures 255.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 613
  • older Pictures 314.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 594
  • older Pictures 253.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 603
  • older Pictures 258.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 587
  • older Pictures 232.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 602
  • older Pictures 324.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 615
  • older Pictures 318.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 590
  • older Pictures 319.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 582
  • older Pictures 320.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 587
  • older Pictures 339.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 591
Yeah really. Just ONE tube over the frame? Damn Bob. Great work.

I'll see if I can get some pics next weekend of a friends car, '66 Dart wagon, RB, 2-1/8" primary tube headers, all under chassis. I don't know how long it took him to fab them, but they are in there.

66dartdriver. Just go with the hi po big block manifold to get your project on the road for the least amount of money. You can always upgrade at a later date.

That's my plan anyway.

Good luck.

Mike

I would like to see more early A with B Blocks and headers.

lol.. You're right. Tells you how observant I can be. I never even noticed the body...lol

Over on Bigblockdart.com there was someone who used b or c body manifolds for his 505". He had to machine the mating surface(flange) alittle to make them work. Looked factory. It was years ago though. I believe it was a 66 model year.

Ian

While the Demon is great, would members tell more about their B Block swaps and some of their problems encountered.

-
Back